Chapter 20

I can't help myself lol I need to write more I can't leave it like I did.

Soooooooooo heres Chapter 23...

---------;--_*---;;----------------*

Damon's POV

I let a week go by.

I stayed far away from her. 

I couldn't face her now. Not after what I did and said to her.

I hate myself. I hate who I'm turning into.

My father.

I crossed the line. I became something terrible. Something I never want to be again.

I had to see Lena.

And that alone was dangerous.

This uncontrollable need to see her. I am Damon Hoess. I don't get scared. No. I do the scaring.

But Lena.

She scares me. The way I can't stop thinking about her. The way I want to see her amazing eyes light up and never dim again.

I've never felt this before. And knowing I hurt her hurts me.

That is definitely not something I've ever felt before.

I have to fix things. I have to tell her how much I truly regret hurting her.

So I did what I do best.

I used my position as the colonel's son and I pulled some strings. I can't give her her life back or her family for that matter.

But I could make some things easier for her.

As of tonight Lena will have a new job.

From now on as long as Lena behaved she would work in the cantein cooking, cleaning, serving food.

I know it can't take back what I did but maybe it'll help her heal a little.

And the best part of it all is I get to tell her. 

As I make my way to the fields in search of her. My blood boils with excitement.

I will make up for my actions.

I will show Lena that I am different.

I am not my father.

And I will not become him.