Chapter 05

I was blown away with all the great feedback. I got from the last chapter that I decided to write more. Lol

I loved reading the positive comments.

Thanks guys....

I dont know how good this will be I don't really know how I want this to turn out so let's see where it goes....

<3 Beth

___________________________________________________________________

After what seems like ages of work in the blistering sun, Colonel Rudolf finally calls us to lunch.

My hands are already covered in dirt and stinging blisters.

Lunch is the same as dinner was yesterday, but this time I am so grateful to eat, I don't care what it is.

I sit with my age group as we all eat quietly.

I don't know what it was exactly that made me speak. Maybe I am just so damn tired of listening to my own pain filled thoughts, that doing something almost normal feels like a piece of heaven. If there even is a heaven out there.

"I'm Lena."

My voice sounds scratchy and so horrible.

There are five girls around me.

They all kinda followed my example and stated their names. Their voices sounding like mine if not worse.

"Avigail."

"Daarina."

"Saacha."

"Rani."

"Carmi."

I smile slightly at them but it doesn't reach my eyes. I sigh and look to my left and see him.

He is walking around all the tables with a rag wiping them after sending people away.

I feel my body tense when he comes to our table. The girls all jump up and start to walk off towards the trash line.

I cant help myself and stay behind to look at him for a moment.

"You should go. No. You need to go now."he says coldly.

I know it is stupid maybe even a death wish but I speak the question that has been weighing on my mind all afternoon.

"Why do you look so sad?"

"Why do you care? Get out of here now before I report you!"

With that he walks away leaving me stunned and lost in thought.

Does he want me to care?

I laugh at myself for even having that thought.

No, he doesn't.

The real question is why on this damned earth do I want to care?

Do I?

Do I already care about the young soldier with haunted eyes?

Yes I do.

But...

I know deep down that what I feel doesn't matter to him. I am just another blurred face in an endless sea of broken people.

He will never care about me.

No one does.

Not anymore...

________________________________________________________

Tell me what you think

Vote

Comment

Fan

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz