Chapter 13

Guys I've had a case of writers block... Then I got an idea from reading other stories on here. I've never done this before and I don't know if I'll do it again....

Lol I'm going to give us all a look into Damon's head.... Yay :)

I don't know if it'll sound write but I'll try my best :)

Enjoy!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------

Damon POV

After finishing my rounds for the day I make my way to my father's office.

My hand just barely hovering on the knob when I hear his hard voice speak.

"I told that worthless piece of Jewish crap to work three extra hours from now on. I'm tired of them thinking they can do as they please!"

I froze in my spot.

There is only one person in this entire camp that I know who is dumb enough to draw more attention to herself.

Damn it!

How the hell am I supposed to get her out of this one?

I don't even know why I bother with her. Its obvious she has no real regard for her own life.

But I can't just leave her be...

No... she reminds me too much of my mother.

Yes.

Damon Hoess's mother was jewesh.

She was the sweetest most amazing women in the world.

Sometimes when I close my eyes and concentrate long enough I can still see her and my father happy and in love.

Just like they used to be.

Before something changed him. I dont know what happened.

He just turned cold, dark, distant.

That was when Adolf Hitler called him to help set up this camp and to help him destroy the Jewish population.

My mother was the first on his long list of murders.

He didn't even blink when he shot her in the head sending her head first in her mass grave.

Right in front of me. It felt like he had ripped a part of me out. The I felt in that day still haunts me.

Right along with her eyes pleading with me to help her somehow.

To save her from what she knew was coming. Her own death by the hand of the man she loved with every cell in her body.

She never stopped loving him even when he changed. I know that even right before he killed she still loved him.

I don't know exactly when he stopped loving her. Or even when he stopped feeling at all.

But I was just a boy. I couldn't save her. I loathe myself for just standing by.

Useless. Its all I am.

So now when I walk in the mess hall and see Lena in there looking beaten down and broken yet somehow still holding her head high.

I see my mother in her again.

She was as tough as they come. She was my defender.

My light.

And now she is gone.

But Lena isnt.

I will save her.

I will free her.

She will not die a victim the my monster that is my father.

Forgetting my wholereasoning to speak to him in the first place.

I turn.

And head to my room.

I've got to get her to see me as some one she can trust. Then we can work together and get away from this nightmare.

Hold on, Lena. I'll get us out of here.

I swear it.

-------_-------------;;;;;-/---------

So???????? Comments? Thoughts?

Tell me what ya think :) - Beth