Chapter 19

I'm back... I've had this chapter idea going on and on in my head all day. I need to put it out...

--------_-----------

Damon's POV

Its been another long day. The days now seem to drag on.

Since I've taken to avoiding Lena at all costs.

Its hard. But its for the best this way we will both be safer. No matter how much smarter it is to stay away.

My mind keeps going back to her.

To that kiss.

To that moment when the world stopped. And it was just us.

My mind keeps wondering away as I'm walking back to back to my room.

When suddenly someone barrels into me.

I fling out my arms to stop them from falling and feel the warmth radianting from them and immediately know who it is.

I look down at her beautiful face and see tears falling from her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask quietly.

She slams her fists into my chest and cries "What isn't wrong? My whole family is dead! I'm stuck in this horrid place. Then some guy tells me just how horrid it really is. And on top of everything I can't stop thinking about the wardens son!"

The whole time she's speaking her hits get weaker and weaker.

I realize then just like her.

She's slowly getting weaker and weaker. All the stuff going on around her is pressing down on her.

Once again here Lena is standing in front of me reminding me of my sweet mother.

"Lena, you need to calm down before someone hears you. I know its hard but you've got to stay strong. You can't fall apart on me now."

I watch as she slowly takes a deep breath and steps back. Showing me just how strong she really is.

"I'm sorry, Sir. That was very inappropriate of me. If you'll excuse me I need to head to my bunker room."

I can't help myself. I laugh.

She never fails to catch me off guard.

"No I do not excuse you. Cut the acting, Lena. Whats got you so upset?"

Her voice is accusing next. "Is it true?"

"More details, Len. Is what true?"

Lena's eyes flare as she glares at me. "Are you killing innocent people then throwing them in so god forsaken room to rot?"

I freeze.

My whole body freezes.

How can she know that?

"Who told you?"

Her next move is so unexpected I stumble back. Her hand flashes up and she slaps me across the face. My head snaps to the side and I snap forward in blinding anger.

"Who the hell do you think you are?!"

"I'm a fool! I honestly believed for a second that maybe just maybe you were different! That you might actually care! I was so wrong! Your a monster! Just like your devil of a father! Why don't you just kill me and get it over with!"

There was probably alot I could of said and done in that moment. But I did the one thing that I knew my father would approve of.

And I hated myself for it.

I moved lightning fast and struck her over the head. Her beautiful eyes widened and she cruppled back against the wall.

"You will speak to me with respect! Or else my father will look like a daisy compared to me. If you know what's good for you, you will watch yourself. I will not be talked down to by a roach like you! Now get to your bunker room before I kill you myself!"

I watched with my heart sinking into my stomach as she stood quickly with so much fear I could practically smell it.

Lena took off down the hall without another word.