Chapter 21

Hello people!!!!

Warning not edited. 

Last time: 

"Hello, Casper Police Department, how may we help you?

"Hi, this is Rosaline James. Any news?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, Miss. James, it's been a while."

"Yes, a couple months. I just wanted to call in and ask if there has been any developments in the case."

"Ah yes, and how curious the case is. We have been looking into brakes, per your request and we have found nothing conclusive yet. We are hopeful that in-"

"So you haven't found anything?" I asked, starting to get annoyed.

"No, no, we have some leads about the brakes, they seemed to have been tampered with. But it is just a observation, again, we have not proved anything."

"Uh, thank you, is there anything else?"

"No, not yet. We’ll call you back if anything comes back conclusive."

"Okay. Bye."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I finally reached home and Alec left to get groceries, I was finally left with my thoughts.

Mentally exhausted, I sat down at the counter, my head falling into it. I sighed harshly and scowled into the granite.

So, I have nothing. They can't figure out what happened to the brakes, or anything else for that matter. What can I do from here? I'm so far away from Casper, how can I do anything?

A slam of the door awoke me from my brooding and my head shot up from the counter. Alec appeared in the doorway, laden with multiple bags of food. 

"Really, are you feeding an army now, ad didn't tell me? It’s just the two of us."  I looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

He had the grace to look embarrassed before glancing sheepishly at me, big blue eyes wide. "I wasn't sure what you liked, so I bought everything." 

"Oh wow." I walked over and grabbed one of the bags. Bringing them to the counter, I looked inside and found multiple brands of cereals, dozens of snacks. The other bags held meats and spices, and then I found the ice cream.  Yum.

Alec walked over to me and smoothed the wrinkle in between my eyes. “Thinking too much?” He asked softly.

“Oh, yeah.”

“Wait about?”

“Nothing.”

Now it was his turn to raise his eyebrow at me. I scowled and smacked his hand away. Turning around, I started to gather the food and put it away. He cleared his throat and moved over to help. I clenched all my muscles and refused to look into his face.

 I already knew that today his hair was a little tousled, getting a little long, creating little curls in his blond hair. I knew he had on a blue tee-shirt that perfectly highlighted his eyes, making them shine even brighter, if that was possible.

I focused myself on the task at hand, never pausing as I stuffed item after item in the refrigerator.

“How about we go on a run?”

“A run? Why?”

“Because it will be fun of course, I’ll call up Lina and Henry to go too.”