Chapter 18

Hi guys, just wanted to give you a little something before I went camping. Ugh, I dont like camping. Anyways, hope you all like it.  

Yah!

The rest of the day had passed uneventfully. I saw not hide nor hair of Ferra or Greg, the boy that was getting her some meds.

The girl deeply puzzled me. 

But she seemed very excited to have me here and to be honest, I needed some friends. Lina also seemed like a pretty cool girl, but I didn't really know either of them yet. 

Maybe I could bond later at the the BBQ.

Yes, the BBQ. The amazing party being thrown in our honor so I could get to know the pack. Alec didn't really listen to me when I had told him I could get to know them all on my own. He went off on a rant about how a pack protects each other, people were busy with they lives, they want to meet me, ya da ya da ya da.

What I didn't tell him was that I'm scared. 

In my old pack, I killed a little girl. Emma, the Alpha's daughter. If any pack found out, where would I go? Surely they would not want me, a killer of innocents. I would be thrown out again. And I would drag Alec with me.

But somewhere inside of me I secretly did want someone to know, to look at me with the horror that I felt towards myself. To prove I wasn't being too hard on myself, that I deserved what ever I got. Being thrown out of the pack or otherwise.

Sitting here on the window seat, I tried not to let the tears fall. Alec would smell them and come to me. And I did not want company.

I was a monster and a killer, I didn't deserve Alec. I deserved to be alone.

With that I let a lone tear run down my cheek. I wanted with every fiber in my being to be good enough for him.

"Rosaline!" I heard Alec call through the apartment. I hastily wiped the tear from my face and stood up. I tried not to focus to hard on how his blue eyes shined when he saw me or his lack of a shirt. 

"Darling, you need to get ready for the party, and guess who I got to help you?"

And then Lina walked in the room.

I couldn't suppress the small smile that came on my lips as I saw her. My could-be friend. 

"Hey Rose," Lina said happily.

"Hi Lina, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, Alec called me and asked if I could come over and help you get ready for the BBQ. He thought you would need a girl's opinion."

So he already has her number. I should probably get a cell phone.

"Well, that's great because I don't really know what to do."

Which was a lie of course. I was up to date on all the fashion trends and knew exactly how to put an appropriate outfit together, but right now I needed a friend.

Well, could-be friend.

I showed her to my room and opened the closet. 

Filled with clothes. My mouth opened in shick as I surved the multitude of pants and skirts, shirts and jackets, shoes and more shoes. I noticed a card stuck on the inside of the door.

I knew you needed some more clothes so I went to the store and had the store clerk pick them out. Hopefully this clothes can make you feel as beautiful as I know you are.

                              - Alec

I couldn't help but awww at the sweet gesture and it was quickly mimicked as Lina read the note. 

"He is so adorable, I want a mate like that." Lina sighed.

If anything, the note made me feel worse. Alec was so thoughtful and caring, and I was a killer.

Lina would deserve someone like him. Much more than me.

"So, what do you think?"

---------------------------------------------------------

A dozen dresses later, I was in a blue blazer over a white shirt, tucked into a flowery skirt with the same blue as the blazer. With white strappy sandals and a bracelet I was set to go, or so I thought, until Lina told me to sit back down.

Hair.

I was forced to sit in one of the kitchen chairs as my slightly wavy blond hair was given slight curls.

With a sigh, Lina stood me up and looked me over. "You look so pretty."

"Thanks, its all because of you."

She glanced at her watch and gave a little scream.

"We have to go!" She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room. I let out a call for Alec and he stumbled out of his room. His dress shirt slightly wrinkled and hair messy. 

I broke free of Lina and ran over tp Alec. He blinked sleepy eyes at me and I tutted. 

"No time to sleep now Mister." I said as I straighted out his shirt.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him out the door. 

When we were all in the car, Lina was made the direction giver and I was exiled to the back seat. I tried not to stress out too much over meeting the pack.

It will be okay.

My foot started tapping against the ground, beat beat beat. I did it when I was nervous. 

When we finally reached the pack house, we were deep inside the woods, but at a large clearing. One lone road effectively hidden was the entrance into the clearing. All around me, ancient trees loomed over me and instead of fear, I became excited. 

My fingers twitched and my legs tingled as the each to run, rose. To be surrounded my real home excited me. The forest was every wolf's home and we all felt it's call.

Lina turned and smiled, "Isn't it wonderful."

I nodded in awe.

Alec exited the car and opened my door. Holding out his hand to me, he winked. I laughed as I got out, my worries almost forgotten.

I walked with Alec at my side, my rock, towards the mansion. Lina flew past us and through the double doors. 

Alec and I walked towards them too, slower and calmer.

I was joining a new pack, my mate at my side. 

And I prayed to the spirits that I would be good enough for him.

A/N

Hello!!!!!!

I would have written more, but we have to start packing the car for camping. I'm already getting yelled at. 

Love you all    <3

Vote, comment and add  :)