Chapter 13

Alec's Point of View

I set my little mate down on the motel room's bed and sat down next to her. The blanket itched along my legs and I frowned in distaste.

Soon I will give her anything she desires. She was worth it. 

Her silky blond hair was thrown carelessly across the pillow. I reached over and ran my fingers through her soft locks. So gorgeous.

She moved around in her sleep. Her body was trying to deal with the shock she put on it when she went running away from me.

Anger ripped through me. 

I was in charge of protecting her.

Me! Her mate.

She didn't know all the dangers out there, things that would hurt her without a second thought.

I knew.

I had made enemies with most of them.

 I wasn't too concerned at her thinking she wasn't my mate. The tingles that danced across my fingertips when I touched her bare skin, was proof of that.

I just need to make her realize that.

She mumbled something in her sleep and it brought me out of the haze.

Food.

She will need food. If I can show her that I can provide for her then she will want to stay with me.

Hopefully, I muttered under my breath.

I swiftly stood up and pulled the blanket along her shoulders. I inhaled a long breath of her sweet scent and turned and walked out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked down the aisles of the local supermarket. ‘Ted’s Supermarket’ was a small store in the center of this small town, filled with a lot of organic crap.

I was currently following the delicious creamy scent of ice cream down the aisle.

Ice cream always makes everyone feel better, it worked for me.

I had already filled the cart with a bunch of high calorie foods for my mate. It would help her body recuperate better.

You are taking too long! We need to get back to our mate faster.  What if she wakes without us? My wolf said angrily.

At his words I picked up my pace. I quickly walked through the pasta aisle and made my way towards the checkout lane.

I pulled the food out of the cart and on the counter, before I quickly assessed the young male seated at the back of the counter poised in front of a cash register with a book held in his hands.

Young male, human, unarmed, thin build, possibly fast, possible weapons; book, pen, pencil.

My brain did this fast, and without me really trying too.

When you had my job, you ended up doing it automatically. It could possibly save your life.

I dismissed him as a threat quickly, though. He was just human. He couldn’t possibly pose a threat.

I cleared my throat loudly and his head jerked up to look at me.

He hastily stood up, forgetting the book in his lap. It spilled to the floor and his cheeks reddened in embarrassment. I started to get impatient as the clumsy store clerk bent down to pick up his book.

My mate was waiting for me.

I started to tap my foot as the clerk seemed to scan my items at the pace of a snail. 

When my items where finally in the bags, I scooped them up in my arms and half ran out the doorway.

Sadly, the motel was on the other side of town, so I walked quickly down the streets. All that I could think of was my mate. My mate whose name I didn’t even know.

I had always wanted a mate, someone who would love me, to share my bed, to run with me. The one woman that would always have my heart.

She already had it.

That sweet petite little female wolf held my heart even after the mere minutes I had actually spent with her.

My heart immediately slowed down in relief as I saw the large building of the motel. I crossed the busy street-why it was so busy, so late was beyond me-and I swung open the lone door to the cheap motel.

And looked straight into the big blue eyes of my mate.

 I dropped the bags I was holding onto the floor and used her momentary surprise to grab her waist and pull her to my chest. My hand instinctively went to cover her mouth. I tried desperately to ignore the pleasure that was erupting from my wolf. He oozed happiness from having our mate in our arms, even if I was forcibly restraining her.

I pulled her through the doorway and into the room and slightly picked her up, so that her flailing legs would not thump on the ground, to awake the sleeping receptionist.

I could feel my grip on her loosen a little and we stopped. I felt her tense and I quickly repositioned my arms, effectively trapping her.

Why did she fight me?

I would be her rock, her love. Anything she would want or need, I would give her.

She was my mate.

I could feel her struggles still and I heard her mumble something into my hand.

I cautiously turned her in my arms so we her chest to chest. I towered over her and I could not stop myself from imagining myself bending my head down. Capturing her lips with mine. Feeling my lips tingle with tiny sparks.

I pushed the thought away when she mumbled into my hand.

I raised an eyebrow and I slowly took my hand from her mouth.

She took a deep breath and said “At least tell me your name."

I stilled at the sound her voice; soft and musical, like little bells. She was talking to me, engaging in a conversation, hopefully.

A smile slid on to my face at the thought. I tried to think of something smart to say, but all that came out was:

“The name's Alec, darling. What’s yours?" 

A/N

Yeah for Alec!

Not as bad as you thought, huh?

Tommorrow, I'm going to Washington D.C for a trip. I'm so excited!

I'm so excited

I just can't hide it

I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!

I'm singing that right now!