Chapter 19

Hey hey hey!

Barbeque time. Just the thought of that makes me hungry.

Mmm............

Pack House pic on the right (Not excatly what it looks like, but really the feel of it is what I'm going for)

I hope that made sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pack house was one big mansion.

Huge.

But did not stand out of place among the trees. Resembling a log cabin it had large windows covered with wood shutters and dark wood covering the entire span of the house. Through the windows, there was warm lighting and many people hurring around.

I could hear the laughter in the backyard, the joyous screams of children and the smell of food, alot of food.

I broke away from Alec and walked through the double doors with only a slight hesitation. Shoulders back, eyes front, I was ready to meet the Alpha and thank him for allowing us entrance in the pack. I would be the charming, beautiful she-wolf that my mother had always wanted me to be.

I would make Alec proud of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We stood in a large room that I could only assume was the Alpha's office. Photos lined the walls in colorful frames, a large stone fireplace surrounded the room in bright orange light, and one black desk dominated the space.

Piled high with papers and important looking documents, it could only half mask the powerful figure sitting behind the desk. With broad shoulders and a stern yet handsome face, he seemed to fill up the whole room. I tried not to cower back, but everything in me screamed he was to be respected as all wolves felt in the face of an Alpha.

I could not help but feel that I was a child sent to the principal to be reprimanded, even though I knew that we had done nothing wrong.

Alec would protect us, said my wolf.

Oh, thank you for those great words of wisdom, I said sarcastically. All she ever seemed to do was bask in the awe of him. Alec this, Alec that.

But I couldn't be that mad at her, she wasn't wrong.

I sighed inwardly.

"Hello, my name is Roger Moore, I am the Alpha of this pack." His voice was deep and his words were formal, but the smile that stretched on his face was anything but. There was a sparkle in his eyes that I had missed when I had first looked him over, it screamed warmth and happiness and I felt calmer as he spoke.

"Alpha." Alec dipped his head in respect and I echoed the movement.

Suddenly a booming laugh filled the room, causing me to jump slightly and my hand found Alec's without a thought. "No need to be so solemn, children. Sit, sit." He laughed again, yet this time it was strangely comforting. We sat down and I gathered my courage.

"Thank you for letting us in the pack, I was very surprised we were able to get entrance so quickly," I said, voicing my question from earlier.

"Well, it was the least that I could do for your Alec. We got to know each other by a mutual friend." His bright warm eyes seemed to darken slightly as if this distastes him, but after a second it was gone. Must be a trick of the light, I reassured myself.

His eyes lingered a second on Alec and then rose and said. "It's not often that we get new members in the pack, so go and enjoy the barbecue. The pack is anxious to meet you."