Chapter 17

School is Over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Sorry, its been a while, you would think summer would be less busy. But somehow I still am. 

But I will prevail!! This story will be written, (in a timely manner) I promise you that.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Gunnison high school. My own personal hell.

Butterflies danced along my stomach, making me feel positively sick. The last time I had been in a school, the walls were coated in posters, of Kyle and me. 

I didn't want to go into that school; I didn't want to meet the new pack. I didn't want to try and keep up a facade of normalcy. 

I slumped in the car seat, knees coming to my chest, hiding my head from view. 

"Alec, please don't make me do this, can we just go back to the apartment." I pleaded.  Without much effort on my part, my voice sounded weak.

Alec only glanced my way before opening the door; he had already heard my loud complaints on the way here. He got out of the car and opened the back, pulling out our backpacks.

I sighed in defeat and addressed another subject.

"They're not gonna let you in, you don't even look young enough to go here."  It was true; he looked about 21, definitely too old for school.

His face appeared in my window and I jumped. "I have it worked out." he said as he pulled the door open.

I shook my head, "whatever." Alec reached out his hand and practically pulled me from the car. "I really don't want to go, Alec."

I took my back pack from his hands and glanced around. Students were milling around the parking lot in little huddles. Laughter and raised voices buzzed in my ears. Blocking it out, as I have always done, I looked at Alec.

"You need to finish your education." He paused and "Look at it like this, you can meet the pack easier this way."

"What if I really don't want to meet the pack, I don't want a pack." My wolf scoffed at my statement. and even Alec raised an eyebrow. I was a wolf. No wolf was made to be alone, to be pack less.

I huffed. No support.

I turned my back on him and walked to the doors. I raised my head high and  tried my best to look confident. I watched the humans as I took calming deep breaths.

Wide eyes followed my movements; I was the new fish in the pond. Oh, and Alec of course. Tingles erupted along my arm as Alec reached my side. He had no trouble putting on the confident face, a picture of a gorgeously handsome 'student.'

I reached my hand down and found his warm hand. I slowly wound my fingers through his and I decided only to take comfort from the warm embrace. I would not focus to much on the alarm bells ringing incessantly in my head.

Ever since I met my mate, Alec, I have been at war with myself. I cared for him, at least a little bit, but every time I looked at him, my brain screamed at me. Telling it was wrong. A wolf was meant for one.

Blocking it all from my mind, I put up a happy face. One of the things I learned from my mother was to always make it look like it was okay. Even if it most definitely was not. With my most brilliant smile on my face and my charming mate at my side, we looked like the average happy werewolf couple looking for a pack to start a life.

If only.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After checking in at the office, and getting our schedules -Alec and I having the exact same classes- we went into class. I wasn't in a hurry to meet any new pack members so I kept my head down. I took the notes required, finished the work sheets, ignored Alec's attempt to have me loosen up, and copied down the homework from the board.