Chapter 14

So you may have noticed the new cover. I just want to apologize and say: I know it looks awful. But I have decided that we needed to have a cover with the title actually on it, so I made it myself. I'm am not good at this stuff, but at least I got the name to actually fit. It took me like 4 times to get it there. So hopefully, I can get a better one soon, but thats all we got. 

Okay, I'm done.

Rosaline's POV 

Last time:

"The name's Alec, darling. What’s yours?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alec.

Why on earth does he have to have such an amazing name?

Why not Fernando or Bernard? Those were suitably bad names. It would be easier for me to dislike him if he had an awful name, but Alec.

Alec was a wonderful name. A proper name to go with his golden hair and blue eyes.

I gathered my wits. Rosaline, focus, he asked you a question.

"Rosaline, and I'm not your darling."

"Rosaline."

He rolled my name off his tongue. 

He repeated my name, but this time I watched his mouth. I had a vision of kissing his sweet lips, of running my hands down his strong arms, to feel them bunch under my fingers, for sparks to burn along my fingertips.

Horror washed through me. What am I doing? How can I be thinking this? 

How can I have a new mate?

"What do you want from me?"  I asked.

His grin faded and his blue eyes grew serious.

"I want you. My mate." 

"You can't have me, I'm taken."

His eyes changed to the beautiful gold and I tensed, but slowly they bleed back to his familiar blue.

"Can we talk upstairs, out of this lobby?"

His words reminded me of the position I was in: pressing up against his chest, arms wrapped around me. 

I took a slow step back and smilled a little bit. He unwrapped his arms from me.

I was safe for know, I guess. So I turned around and walked to the staircase. I could feel his presence at my back, hear his slow breathing, his heartbeat even and steady as a clock. I should be tensed, wary of this man I barely knew, but I felt safe, comforted and my wolf was.....

I could not feel her pain and sadness. She felt happy like when we found Kyle.

It hit me like a stack of bricks, knocking the breath out of me.

I have another mate. Alec is my mate. The statement rang in my head.

Finally, you figure it out. Of course he is our mate. You knew he was our mate the first time you saw him. You just never admitted it.

There you are, I thought to her.

Where did you think I went? I was just tired from the controlling you so that you wouldn't starve yourself to death before you met our mate.

 You did that? I asked.

She had been the one making me feed, she was the force that would come over me and force the food into to me?

What about Kyle? Have you already forgotten about him? I asked.

I was so angry. How dare she just forget all about the our mate. The one who died saving our life.

My wolf hesitated. 

Darling, Kyle is died. For some reason we were gifted with someone new. We can't let him slip out of our fingers. She spoke quietly to me, but my anger only grew.

But we were at the door to the room. 

I swung the door open and went over to sit on the bed, and I felt the bed dip as he sat on the other side.

I turned myself around so I was facing him, but moved no more closer. Just out his reach.

"What is there to talk about?" 

He closed his eyes for a second before saying. "I don't know whats up with you, but you are obviously not taken. Then you wouldn't be my mate. Why can't you just give me a chance? Am I not good enough for you?"

His eyes stared into mine, and my breathing picked up. 

"It's not that, its just...."

I trailed off, not knowing what to say. Should I tell him that I used to have a mate?

"Give me a chance, please. Just come with me, I promise I will be the perfect gentleman. Get to know me before you push me away."

My wolf started purring at his words. We wanted us, to know us.

"Fine."

But I had no intention of this man, replacing my mate.

Nope.

I would go with him, only because I needed to appease my wolf a little. She would definitely not like what I was planning right now, not one bit. 

And I needed a plan.

A fool proof way to kill a werewolf under the nose of a protective mate.

I knew Alec would not letting me out of his sight for a few weeks. Not until I carried his mark.

Not that I had any intention of letting this werewolf mark me. As far as I'm concerned, I am taken.

Maybe along the way, I can find the person who messed with our car.

We had had our brakes repalced earlier that month. 

There was no way that they would have broken naturally. Something fishy was going on, and I knew I had to make sure I would bring the man who was responsible for killing my mate to justice.

My own justice. 

I had to hurry though, my mate must be getting impatient.

I mean, I had him waiting for months. He would be getting worried.

Kyle must be getting very lonely, but I was going to be joining him very soon, I promise myself that.

A/N

Ohh! 

Its a little bit like the earlier chapter when she decides to kill herself. She needs to visit a therapist or something. 

Oh well. 

A little mystery in the story is always good.

Looks like there is new developments in the murder.

Oooooooo

So, thank you for reading my story.

As always, please comment, vote and fan.

Update: 1,000 READS PEOPLE!  I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU FOR GIVING THIS BOOK SO MANY READS. YOU GUYS MADE ALL OF THIS POSSIBLE!

YOU ARE ALL SUPREMELY AWESOME.

LOVE YOU!!!!!