Chapter 7

So hi guys. I;m really bored right now so I decided to write the next part. Yah.

Last time on Realearning How To Love

I smirked as I got a sudden thought. I nodded my head in grim determination and my wolf did the same.

If he couldn’t take all of us then we would bring ourselves to him.

Time to go home to our mate.

I swung my legs out from under the covers. I took a deep breath and looked around the room. 

For the last time.

 The walls were painted a pale pink, one of my favorite colors. I knew every nook and cranny of this room that had been mine since the day my parents took me home from the hospital. I knew that the wall where my bed was set had a little nick in the paint. Walking over, I slid my hand across it. 

I was 7 and Liam was 9. We were playing a game of hide-and go-seek tag. It was even more exciting because our mother had forbidden it in the house.

As I skidded into my room, I panicked seeing as I had cornered myself. I watched in horror as Liam entered the room. He raced towards me and I skidded over to the bedside and tried to leap over the bed.

I failed.

As he chased me, I ended up crashing into the bedside table and cracking my head against the wall.

Despite that, we laughed and laughed at my clumsiness.

Until our parents came home.

With a sigh I stood up. As I walked out the door, I caught my reflection in the mirror. I pulled up my long blonde hair and looked at my neck.

Why?

I used to have a mark there. I massaged my neck, trying to release the tension.

Kyle had put a mark there.

As a little girl I always envisioned having a mate. With a mark on my neck, and a handsome and loving man standing by my side.

I had my fantasy for two weeks, but those two weeks were enough. They were enough to show me that I could not live a life where I was the little kid dreaming for something that was next to impossible. I was going to go after Kyle.

He would not leave me behind, I thought as I jumped out the window.

When I reached the bridge, all coherent thoughts flew out the window. The bridge was cut off at each ends by police tape. I crawled under the tape and walked over to the section of bridge that was taken out. I moved the broken glass out of the way and sat down with my legs dangling over the edge.   

I shut my eyes as I saw the bridge flying towards me. Kyle's hand tangled with mine. I saw the rushing water as our car seemed to fly in slow motion towards it. 

The police said that our breaks had a failure. Nothing we could have done.

There is one thing that gets me.

One thing that makes my skin crawl at night.

Makes me disgusted with myself.

I'm not the one that should have lived. Kyle should have.

Flashback

The two police officers filled into the room with polite sympthy written on their faces. They pulled up chairs in front of my hospital bed.

"Mrs. James?" I jerked my head up, not even bothering to wipe the tears off my face. 

"We would like to inform that the man that accomponed you is....." he hesitated for a second, before saying the words that tore my apart. 

"Dead." 

Dead, dead, dead, dead. It echoed in my mind. Confirmed why my chest pulsed with pain. A sob seemed to rip from my chest and I put my hands to my face, ignoring the sting when the IV pulled in my hand.

The other officer, the younger seemed to have a loss for words and the older man took his place. "Miss. the mn you were with was very brave." 

My head jerked up with his words. I questioned him with my eyes, as I did not trust myself to speak. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"His final act before he... became unconscious was to rip off your seatbelt. We still aren't sure how he did it and all, we are mulling over the theory of just adrenaline....."

His next words were lost to me as my mind blurred with a million questions.

Why didn't he save himself?

 He could have lived yet he died saving me. 

End of Flashback

Every day I feel so unworthy of his sacrifice. I want to be with him. 

I glanced down at the rushing water.

This began here, so shall it end. 

With a push, I was in the air. 

And for two seconds I flew.

And then I heard a crash and then.....

Nothing.

OOOOO. I know! You all hate me. Don't worry though. 

I love you.

SO pwease with a cherry on top. 

Comment, vote and fan 

:)