Chapter 6: The sports festival

Izuku sat on his couch. His arm around Uraraka, who was snuggled deep on his chest. A bowl of popcorn on his lap. The first two rounds of the sports festival were a cross between the obstacle course he had faced in his first sports festival, and a relay race. The second event was a game of flag gladiator. The top 16 consisted of someone with a claw quirk, a ghost quirk, a smoke quirk, an octopus hair quirk, and many other students with quirks. Izuku was particularly interested in the boy with the ghost quirk. He could make his body completely intangible at will like Lemillion, but also turn invisible as he used it. Uraraka became fond of the girl with the octopus-like hair. Izuku became pretty nostalgic while watching. He had remembered how he won the first event by almost blowing himself up, and how Tokoyami had just barely won the second event. He continued watching. The final event was a rescue race. There was a target in a certain point in the city, and whoever got the target to the drop-off zone first was the winner. The quarter finals had just began. The kid with claws, and a boy with two horse legs were up. Izuku wasn't particularly interested in this match, so he just looked at Uraraka. Here Hazelnut eyes shimmering in the light, he heard her laugh at something the students did. Her brown hair bouncing as she let out her hypnotic laugh, and showed off her trademark smile. He could watch her laugh forever. He wondered why he didn't have the courage to tell her how he felt back then. He had fought off the hero killer stain, but couldn't tell this amazing woman how amazing she was. He regretted it every time they were together, but was grateful he had done it now.

The match ended, and the horse kid was the victor. This match was the ghost kid and a kid who had a magnet quirk. It was an intense match, and the ghost kid eventually won. Izuku sent in his recommendation for the ghost. He was impressed at the kid's stealth.

"Hey, Deku?" asked Uraraka

"What's up Ura?"

"I was talking to Ashido and Kirishima the other day, and I just wanted to ask... why didn't you tell me how you felt sooner?"

Izuku had just been thinking about that. "I'm not sure. I stood up to the league of villains, and still didn't have the guts to tell you how beautiful you were. But when I did, I realized that the feeling I always get when I'm chasing down some villain, or stopping a robbery, isn't much different from having that courage. The courage to say how much I love you." Izuku cupped a hand on Uraraka's cheek as he said this. Uraraka was so happy to hear those words from Izuku's instead of Ashido. She gave her boyfriend a passionate kiss, accidentally making him float with her quirk. When he came back down, they resumed the kiss. It was as if the entire world was gone. It was just the two of them. And Ochaco was fine with that. She loved him, and knew he loved her back. They pulled apart after hearing that the next match was won by the girl with octopus hair. They lied back down after Ochaco sent in a request for her. They didn't watch the rest of the sports festival. They just enjoyed each others company.

<Meanwhile>

Koga sat in the corner with needles all the way up his arm. He heard alchemist scoff at him, but since alchemist never took off his gas mask, he was unsure if he was disgusted or not.

"Hey, boss-man," asked the fiery masochist. "You said we were going to attack soon. Are we? I enjoy my own pain, but it's so fun seeing others writhe."

The man turned to the lunatic and answered. "All in due time. Give it another week, and the time will be perfect. The intel my spies in U.A. have been giving me show that Deku has fallen right into our plans. We will make him suffer. But as far as physical pain goes, you get first dibs."

Koga jumped up in down in excitement. He couldn't wait to make that green freak hurt. He put another needle in his arm. This time on his shoulder's pressure point.

"Hehe... he. Pain is my Maiden."

A/N cliffhanger UWU! Thanks everyone for reading, last I checked, I had 32 reads. 31 more than I was expecting. So, thanks everyone for reading! Don't have much else to say, so sorry again for the short chapter. Anyway, click all de buttons. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Man, I love writing on a laptop instead of my phone.