12) .The Beginning of the End.

(Edited)

.The Beginning of the End.

~Tuesday Prince~

Peter walks from Aslan's tent looking grave. He meets my eyes and I give him a comforting smile. I feel quite embarrassed for earlier when I broke down in his arms. Still, he didn't blame me or make me feel stupid for falling apart and I think I love him more for it. Edmund keeps looking at me, uncertain, as if I might collapse in front of their eyes again. They both know I knew this was going to happen when Aslan talked to the Witch. Edmund knows it was for him, and I suppose it's made him stronger. He knows he is forgiven. He also feels guilt that Aslan would go die for him. They both had gone to look for their sisters, but when they found them gone, I told them where they were and they nodded solemnly.

After I was put together again, I dressed in a tunic and trousers, putting armor over it. The armor seemed to fit comfortably. It was a dark gold, symbols of a past life. I don't know who they are of, but my mother is my best guess. A lion sits encrusted on the back. I hold my helmet in my hand as Edmund and I stand over a table with a map as we watch Peter near us. He nods once.

"She's right," he says quietly. "He's gone."

"Then you'll have to lead us," Edmund insists. "Peter, there's a whole army out there and it's ready to follow you." 

Peter shakes his head and looks to me. "I can't, but Tuesday can. She takes Aslan's place as leader over Narnia. She has to lead the army."

"It is not my place," I tell him. "You are stronger than you know. I can kill the White Witch, but you must lead your people you are destined to rule. Aslan believed in you, and so do Edmund and I. This is what you were meant to be, Peter. Do not try and run from it for it will beat you in the race." I realize how much I really do talk like Aslan and the thought saddens me, but only for a moment. It shows me that he really is here.

"The Witch's army is nearing, sire," Oreius tells us, standing straight and firm. "What are your orders?" 

Peter looks down at the map, anger ridden on his features, but strength over powering it all. I know he is ready. He is going to be a great king.

"Alright," he starts. "Here's what we'll do. We'll meet the army at the head and wait for them, ready and prepared..."

*~~~~~*~~~~~*

I sit on Belle as I place my helmet over my head, pulling up the mask up so I can still see the battlefield. I can see as the White Witch's troops nearing. A shiver runs up my spine. Susan and Lucy haven't returned from the Stone Table yet and I worry for them. I know they're alive and well, the trees tell me so, but, even though Peter's fine with them being away from the war, I wish they are next to us, ready to fight.

Peter sits next to me on my left, on a unicorn of purity. The creature stands firm and talks to Belle quietly. Oreius stands on the opposite side of Peter, his sword drawn and his helmet down. From above, a Griffin flies down and lands on a rock to my right. I turn my head toward it and it gives me a quick bow. I nod in return.

"Highness," he says kindly before leaning further to talk to Peter. "They come, you highness, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own." Peter nods and I can hear him swallow nervously. I place a gloved hand on his leg slightly, and though I know he can't feel the pressure, he is calmed slightly.

"Numbers do not win battle," Oreius reminds him.

"No," Peter agrees, his voice cracking a bit, going an octave higher than normal. "But I'm sure they help."