9) .Fixing Mistakes.

(Edited)

.Fixing Mistakes.

~Tuesday Prince~

As soon as I take a step inside Aslan's tent, I feel at home. There is no table or chairs for work, only a lion fur rug on the edge, looking as though it might be his bed, but when he invites me to sit on it, I do, unbuckling my belt from my side and placing it next to me. Aslan takes rest in front of me on the grass.

"So, little one, what have you learned so far in your journey through Narnia?" he asks. 

I think about the question for a moment. "I have learned that you were right," I tell him in all honesty. "I have more magic in me than I thought. Like my mother before me, I possess the magic to heal and to melt the ice and snow. I can feel the magic in the world and in the separate creatures, and I know it affects me in a way that the others do not understand."

"And what of Edmund?" he wonders. "You said that he had been captured and yet he went willingly and betrayed you."

I sigh, feeling guilt grow in my stomach. "Peter was right when he said we were hard on him. He was home sick. In our world, we are in a middle of a war. His father is fighting and his mother has sent him away to live with someone who he doesn't know. We were too hard on him. He was just trying to have fun and joke around, but we wouldn't let him. Perhaps our own happiness made him suffer. I suppose the White Witch took him under her wing, giving her what he wanted until he could provide her with what she actually desired." I don't realize I'm crying until Aslan wipes my tears away with his tail.

"Do not cry, little one. Your tears do not need to be shed for the boy. He will return to us." 

I can't help it and shed a few more tears. "I should have been kinder, Aslan. I shouldn't have been so hard. Perhaps he might have stayed."

"It is not your fault," he promises. "But I know how you can help." Those words stop my crying and I look up, my eyes widening, wondering what I can do. "You have the entire map of Narnia inside your head. You know where every creature and every living thing is at this very moment, you just have to search inside yourself for the one you are looking for. Though the Witch's magic is strong, it is nothing compared to yours. Even now, you are able to melt the darkness of her snow and yet you barely know how. Search inside yourself for Edmund. Find him and we will bring him back home." I nod. "Not now, however, there is still so much to do and much to train for. I need you to be prepared for what is to come." The Lion stands and I join him. "I must talk to King Peter. There is much doubt in his mind. You, however, must talk to Susan for there is some in hers as well that young Lucy can not cure." 

Nodding my head, I take a small bow before moving to leave the tent. 

"And Tuesday?" 

The call of my name stops me and I turn back. "Yes, Aslan?" 

The lion gives me a deep bow that seems to fill me with strength and courage. "Your mother was a wonderful woman. You take after her greatly, never forget." 

I give him a smile and leave with nothing left to say. He follows me out and we go our separate ways.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*

When I reach the girl's tent, I find a dark green medieval dress laying on what Lucy tells me is my cot. I quickly change from my dirt covered dress and wash my face and hair before pulling half of it up and let the rest lay straight on my shoulders. I leave my belt and sword inside the tent, not thinking I'll need it and walk outside. At the sight of me, Susan and Lucy stop their talking and turn to me, smiles on their faces.