1) .It Begins.

(Edited)

.It Begins.

~Tuesday Prince~

The train shakes as it starts to move from it's stationary state. From the window which is propped open, I can hear women crying for their children that they watch leave them for what probably could be the last time. The children cry out as well, wishing their mothers, and even fathers, luck without them. I long, at that moment, for nothing more but to have a parent to say farewell to as I leave for my journey into the unknown outskirts of London. I would have preferred to walk, but the distance is too great. So instead, I sit in a compartment of the train, watching children being torn from their parents to be shipped off to other people who won't love them nearly enough.

Suddenly, my compartment door slides open and I turn to see a boy standing in the doorway, obviously waiting for a reaction from me. I cock my head to the side for a moment, waiting for the boy to say something first. He just clears his throat slightly before stepping into the compartment and sitting down at the end across from me. Three others follow him in which I assume are his siblings. They all have darker hair but this boy has blonde hair. They almost don't look related, which I find odd. The others sit next to him, but the youngest sits next to me, since there is no more room on the bench.

"Sorry," the oldest girl apologizes. "There was no more room in the other compartments. I hope you don't mind if we sit with you."

I shake my head, refusing to meet her eyes, but look down at my toes instead. "It's fine," I mutter. "I just would have appreciated it if you had asked first before sitting. You never can tell who might be less kind than others, and who would be more so."

The girl is surprised at my words and shakes her head to clear whatever thought she had. "Sorry," she says again before nudging her blonde brother in the side.

"Yes, sorry," he whispers as if not meaning the words.

His sister elbows him once more.

"We-we'll make sure to ask next time."

If there even is a next time, I think, but I don't say anything. There is no need. I don't need more people thinking I'm mad, especially when those people are the few I have to spend a long train ride with.

"I'm Susan Pevensie," the older girl says after a moment finally making me look up at her. Her hair is a darker shade, smooth and soft. Her eyes are a dark blue that seem to hold the ocean. She is too kind and beautiful, but I like her immediately. "This is my brother Edmund," she continues, pointing to the younger boy beside her.

He is like his siblings but has dark brown eyes instead of blue. They almost remind me of chocolate.

"That's Lucy."

The young girl next to me gives me a kind smile and I can't help but like her as well. She holds innocence, and I'm sure if magic was real, she would hold that too.

"And this is Peter."

My glance then turns to the blonde boy who's eyes meet mine. His eyes are like his sister's but lighter, paler even. Maybe filled with little pools of ice. I notice that his hands are sweaty and I wonder why he's nervous.

"I'm Tuesday," I say, surprising myself. I hadn't planned on saying anything at all, just maybe nod and continue looking out the window. I guess plans change.

"It's Wednesday," Edmund corrects with a laugh.

I look to him for a moment, staring into his chocolate brown eyes and decide they have lost all flavor, in my opinion, so, I ignore him. Susan glares at him for me and I almost smile at her in thanks. Almost. Instead she smiles at me.