4) .Back to Narnia.

(Edited)

.Back to Narnia.

~Tuesday

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" I call over the noise of nature.

Thankfully today is a much better day for going outside. We decided it would be best to play cricket so I stand on first, Lucy stands on third and Susan stands as catcher while Edmund's up to bat. Peter throws his bowl and since Edmund's not paying attention, it hits him in the foot. He turns in anger and surprise.

"Ow!" he shouts.

"And the famous Edmund takes a hit!" I continue, making the others laugh.

"Whoops! Wake up, Dolly Daydream," Peter says.

In a fit of anger, Edmund turns, readying his bat. Peter, also somewhat angry sends a perfect bowl his way. Edmund hits it and sends it up ... up ... and ... straight through one of the manor's windows. I curse under my breath. Mrs. Macready is going to have our heads. I cringe when a clatter echoes into the open air. And there goes a priceless artifact. All of us rush inside to see the damage. A pile of armor lays on the floor in a heap. Peter turns to glare at his brother.

"Well done, Ed," he chastises. Edmund huffs.

"You bowled it," he says.

I turn to both of them. "Look, it was both of your-" I stop and the others look at me expectantly, but I ignore them. Footsteps rocket though the open hallway and my eyes widen. The old bat is fast! "Macready!" I call. "Run!" I take Lucy's hand and rush up the stairs, away from where the steps are coming from. Peter, Edmund, and Susan are not far behind. I go to turn a corner, but as I do, the footsteps are now coming from that way. "Back, back, back!" I call and everyone turns, running the other way. We come to a door, and there she is again. The stairs, and she's coming down. Is she everywhere at once? Edmund pushes his way to the Spare room which seems to be our only chance of survival at the moment. Perhaps something is pulling us to Narnia.

Susan sees the wardrobe at the end of the room and rolls her eyes. "You've got to be joking."

But it is our only hope because the footsteps are closer now. Peter, in a hurry, pushes the others inside the wardrobe and lets me go in on my own. He follows quickly after and watches as whoever is on the other side jingles with the lock. He quickly snaps the wardrobe shut.

"Get back!" Susan calls, and Peter stumbles over me, stepping on my toe.

I cry out and pain but move back some more. There are more arguments that ring out among the five of us, but no one except me seems to notice that the sounds don't echo off the walls, but continue on. Suddenly, I fall into the cold snow, getting my dress wet. I squeal in surprise and stand, taking a step back and almost bump into Lucy. She giggles lightly and hands me a snowball, one in her own hand. The winter land of Narnia is the same as it had been the night before, or perhaps it wasn't the night before. I know time passes differently in this world and our own. How much time it was that passed here, I don't know, but I feel the magic radiate from the trees, whether they are evil or not, and I know it hasn't been that long.

"Impossible!" Susan exclaims, coming from the entrance of the wardrobe and into the winter wonderland around her. Peter does the same, looking around in amazement.

"I think you owe us an apology," I tell them with a smirk.

Peter smiles at me then Lucy. " I don't suppose saying 'we're sorry' would quite cover it?" he wonders.

Lucy and I share a look. "No, but this might."

From out backs we protrude our snowballs and while Lucy throws hers at Susan, I pelt Peter with mine, making us almost collapse with laughter. Susan throws one back at me, hitting me square in the chest while Peter hits Lucy in the face. We go like that for a short minute until Susan hits Edmund. Then I know it's all over.