Prologue

(Edited)

.Prologue.

~Tuesday Prince~

For as far back as I can remember, I've been having these dreams. I know they're just dreams, but somewhere inside me, I can't help but hope they're real. What an amazing thing that would be if they were. Magic and traveling with centaurs. Fighting minotaurs and saving the mystical world from eternal winter. I feel as though I shouldn't be as concerned with the dreams as I am, since they aren't real, but I can't help but dwell on them. That's why everyone thinks I'm mad.

My name is Tuesday Prince. I don't know where the name came from, but when your parents name you after a day of the week, you get made fun of. I think my parents originally decided to have seven children and call them the weekdays, but when my father passed from cancer just before my mother had me, the idea was lost. My mother never married again, but went after her and Dad's original idea and named me Tuesday. Honestly, I'm just glad they didn't name me Monday. I much prefer Tuesday.

Anyway, because of my parents, everyone I meet tends to think that I'm mad. Thankfully, no one knows about my dreams. I'm sure if they did, my reputation would be worse. However, they do know about my favorite thing to do. I like to fix things, take them apart and build them again. Most think that's an odd thing to do, but I just know how things work. If you ask me to fix a chair or a clock, I could have it done in five minutes flat. For some reason, that makes me insane. I just like to think that no one really believed Einstein and Franklin, but they were brilliant.

I'm also pretty good at drawing, that's how I keep track of my dreams. Whatever happens, I draw a picture and I can no longer forget what would happen. I suppose I wouldn't forget anyways, but you can never be too sure.

My story isn't a long one. I'm not terribly interesting. I suppose that's what happens to the non important people. I'm like most. I go to school in the morning and in the evening. I don't do much other than that, but I have a wonderful mother whom I love more than life itself. I don't really have friends except for my mother. She's kind and gets me, though I haven't told her about my dreams. I doubt I ever could. She's the only one I have now, though I know it won't be for long. There's a war coming. I know things are going to get much worse. It's been in my dreams.

*~~~~~*~~~~~*

Word Count : 450