Chapter 26

Warning: Explicit chapter!

For those of you asking: I normally update every 1,000 reads! But I made a special exception this time :) I'll try to get better about updating faster!!

Two years later

Jordan and Christofer stood on the same balcony in the same hotel room that they were in exactly two years prior. Chris was happily smoking a cigarette while Jordan leaned over the railing and gazed at the Eifel Tower.

Next door they could hear Jack and Alex playing guitar and singing for two girls they’d brought back to their room that they were attempting to have sex with. Earlier on as they waited for the girls to show up they texted the lovers out of boredom, and both of them made jokes about a potential foursome. They had a theory, however, that Jack and Alex may not have been joking. They figured they’d find out later on that night from whatever noises traveled past the thin walls.

Christofer took a deep drag of his cigarette and checked his phone.

“Almost eight,” he smiled. “Fireworks are going to start soon!”

Jordan nodded and looked at his lover thoughtfully. Chris felt his eyes upon him and raised his eyebrows.

“Something wrong?”

“No.” and then the shorter boy grabbed Christofer by the collar of his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss. Caught off guard, Chris nearly burned his boyfriend with his still lit cigarette, but he was able to press the burning end down on the railing before he did. With both his hands now free, he entangled his fingers in Jordan’s hair and inhaled when he felt teeth gently close on his lower lip and tug.

Jordan’s hands began to travel down his body, but before they were able to slide up his shirt, he stopped him.

“There’s something we need to talk about,” Chris looked into his lover’s eyes that now filled with fear from those dreaded words. “Not like that!” he added quickly. “Um well…hang on.”

This was it. This was the moment he’d been waiting for since the day he met Jordan. The moment he’d planned out in his head over a million times. Though despite the fact he’d replayed it so many different times he realized he never once thought about the nerves. He focused too much on the happiness and excitement, but not the feelings beforehand. He was eager and happy, yes, but he was also terrified of the off chance that the ending wouldn’t be so happy. But it was too late to back out now. The time and setting was perfect, and if he didn’t do it now, then when would he?

He dropped down on one knee and frantically looked down when he realized he didn’t grab the all-important ring from his back pocket. After nervously fumbling around for what seemed like an eternity, he retrieved the little velvet box and held it out.

He blinked.

It was as if he were looking into a mirror. Across from him was Jordan, also on one knee with an identical  box held out before him and the same look of confusion on his face.

It then struck each of them that during the crucial seconds that they were distracted with locating their rings and balancing on one knee, they failed to notice the other one doing the same thing. It didn’t take them long to laugh and shake their heads.

“Um…I believe you’re supposed to be standing.” Jordan stated flatly.

“No, you are!” Chris retorted and stuck his tongue out.

“No—“

“Dibs on going first!” Christofer cut his boyfriend off. They could go back and forth all night arguing about who was supposed to be in what position, but he preferred to just skip to the good part.