Chapter 1

A/N: Hello everyone! Well...this is my first ever ChrisXJordan fic! Actually...it's my first slash fic even...I hope you like it!! Check out the trailer on the sidebar!! Made by: brookeismyname

Jordan groaned when his alarm went off. Out of all the alarm clocks in the world, it always seemed that the ones in hotels were the most obnoxious. Annoyed, he limply felt around for the button to make the horrid machine shut the hell up in hopes to add maybe five more minutes of sleep to the two hours he had gotten that night. When he finally found it, he pushed it much harder than necessary and breathed a sigh of relief as the shrill beeping stopped. Unfortunately it didn’t matter. Once he was up, there was no going back, and he felt his heart sink when he realized there would be no five extra minutes.

He lay still for a moment, allowing his body to wake up and then rolled over to wrap his arms around…nothing. His eyes snapped open the moment that his arms closed around empty space and he sat up, looking around in a wild panic, all the side effects of sleep leaving him immediately.

It took him a moment to remember that there was a vacancy in the spot that had been filled for six years. For the last month this had been a daily routine. He would wake up after hardly being able to sleep the night before, and then roll over to wrap his arms around…her…only to realize after a short anxiety attack that she was no longer there.

Jordan pushed his tangled brown hair out of his face and stared at a wall for a moment, trying to get his thoughts together. He did a few deep inhale/exhales similar to the ones he did to relax himself before a show when suddenly his phone rang. Without bothering to look at who it was, he answered.

“Hello?” He yawned.

“Hey, baby, it’s me!”

Jordan’s mood quickly improved when he heard his best friend, Christofer’s standard greeting. Over the time they had known each other, the two had developed quite the “bromance”.

“Well hey there, sexy. What’s up?” he laughed.

“Nothing, nothing, just getting ready for Rhythm Fest. I wanted to see what time you’re getting there,” came the chipper reply.

Rhythm Fest was an annual one day event held in Orlando, Florida. All types of bands of every genre of music performed, from small local bands to big names like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. People from all over the country came, but only after paying $300 per ticket.

This year, The Ready Set and Never Shout Never were two of the bands selected to play. Needless to say, Jordan and Christofer were ecstatic. Not only was this a huge opportunity to promote their music, but the two friends were going to be reunited after months of Christofer’s tour keeping them apart.

“Well, it doesn’t start until eleven so I’ll probably leave in an hour or so.”

Christofer laughed a little when he heard his friend begin scrambling around to get ready.

“Running a little late?” He teased.

“Psh…no…but look, I gotta jump in the shower so I’ll text you when I’m on my way, alright?”

“Sounds good! See you soon!”

“Bye, Chris!”

“Oh wait, wait!”

“Yeah?” Jordan stopped his finger just centimeters from the end call button.

“I have a surprise for you later, okaybye!!” With that, there was a click on the other end as Christofer hung up, leaving Jordan to roll his eyes and chuckle. Knowing Chris, he was probably hinting around that he was going to silly string him on stage or something. He could be so childlike at times.

But for now he had more important things to focus on. Like somehow getting ready in less than an hour.

He tugged off his shirt and boxers while rushing into the bathroom, nearly tripping several times in the process. As he stepped into the shower he wasted no time scrubbing at his hair violently. His appearance was important to him, and he always made an effort to look his best, but for some reason today felt different. Today he had to look better than perfect because today was the day he was going to see Christofer.

An army of butterflies attacked his stomach as the scenario played through his head. Chris giving him a big smile and telling him he looked cute then embracing him in those skinny arms of his.

He froze.

No. No. No. I am not trying to impress Christofer Drew.

Satisfied with his thoughts of denial, he resumed what he was doing. Dismissing any thoughts of Chris the entire time.