40

"g-ggukie, stop it! i have to go to work!" taehyung giggled as jeongguk peppered kisses all over his face, one hand resting comfortably on the steering wheel while the other was wrapped behind taehyung's neck to give him better access to kiss his mesmerizing boyfriend.

when jeongguk finally pulled away, a sad look took over taehyung's face.

"princess, what's wrong?" he asked, deeply concerned for his boyfriend.

"i'm worried about jimin. i feel like he left way too early yesterday. i mean, he was heartbroken when he left and he spent the night alone, so... i don't know, gguk. i don't know if my best friend is okay, and worst of all, i don't know how to make him feel better."

jeongguk placed a reassuring hand on taehyung's rosy cheek. the latter nuzzling into the sweet warmth of jeongguk's smooth palm.

"i'm worried about him too. but, there's nothing else we can do other than to help him move on and you're the perfect person to do that so don't doubt yourself, tae. you're an amazing best friend."

taehyung smiled and pecked jeongguk's soft lips before leaving the car, "thanks, ggukie."

"have a good day at work, princess," jeongguk said before he drove off.

as he entered the studio, taehyung spotted a patch of strawberry blonde hair almost immediately and sped over to see his best friend's condition which, to his surprise, was completely unexpected.

jimin was beaming.

it was as if the fact that he had been straight out bawling in taehyung's arms for at least two hours, was untrue. the puffy bloodshot eyes, the tear-stained rouge cheeks seemed to have disappeared completely, like they were never there in the first place.

"chim?"

jimin twirled around to face his best friend with a gleaming smile plastered on his perfect face.

"taetae! you're here!"

jimin grabbed taehyung's hand and dragged him over to hair and makeup, seemingly oblivious to the baffled look on his best friend's face.

"i've been here for thirty minutes already, hurry up so we'll be on time for the shoot," jimin explained as he plopped taehyung down in a chair and called over their stylist and makeup artist.

"chim, are you alright? you seem a little different... i mean, we're never on time for shoots and it's usually you who's late."

jimin scoffed, "i just want to take my career more seriously from now on. work harder and stuff, yanno?"

"minnie, you already work so hard... please don't push yourself more than you have to."

jimin chuckled, "i'm fine, taetae. don't worry about me, worry about getting to this shoot on time."

the two did get to the shoot on time and the entire time, jimin was grinning and laughing, much to taehyung's confusion. but taehyung couldn't help but smile and laugh with him. he couldn't explain why jimin was so happy but it sure was a lot better than having to face a depressed and sad jimin.

taehyung wanted to ask how jimin was feeling that day, since he knew jimin was acting strange and that it was probably because of the whole situation with yoongi and hoseok. but jimin looked so happy, taehyung didn't want to ruin that, even though he knew that the display of joy could have been just a coverup for how jimin was really feeling.

he should have asked.

thank you all so much for 40k reads!! oh my gosh that's actually amazing! also this is late but happy birthday to bts! they've brought me so much joy to my life, especially when it reached an all time low. thank you bangtan, for all that you've done for army 💜 as always my lovely readers, borahae! i purple you all!