18

taehyung's heart started pounding loudly out of fear, to the point where everything else except the deafening beating sound was tuned out. why did he agree to this again? oh right, the fucking midget.

"— oh, right," the older said as he set down his coffee.

jeongguk started, "it was a misunderstanding, taehyung. what you saw, i didn't mean for it to happen."

taehyung was silent for a moment and then he spoke in a quiet voice, "but it did happen, jeongguk. you had no idea how much it hurt. you avoided me for reasons i still don't know about and then on our anniversary, i see you kissing your ex? you broke my heart, gguk."

"she came on to me, i didn't want her to, tae."

"it sure didn't look like that to me. it looked like you were kissing her back. i never forgot, jeongguk," taehyung tried not to cry as he remembered the day. taehyung had brought a picnic basket full of homemade food for their anniversary, since he thought that his boyfriend was too busy to ever have a proper meal. he walked into the dance studio and saw jeongguk and his ex, mirae. jeongguk's arm was around her waist holding her as she encircled her arms around his neck. it isn't easy to just forget heartbreak.

"i — i just, missed you and she happened to be there and we had a long relationship, and... i never meant for it to happen tae. i love you and only you. that was a mistake."

"if you loved me, you wouldn't have done that."

there was another awkward silence until taehyung spoke up again.

"also, if you missed me, why were you avoiding me? one day we're both happily in love with each other and the next, you won't even answer my calls," there were tears running down taehyung's cheeks now and he hurried to wipe them off with his sleeves.

"my parents and agency — they didn't like the idea of us together.. and i wanted their support but fuck it, i want you even more tae. i'll do anything, so please take me back. i don't want to live without you by my side. these past few years have been horrible without you, i need you tae."

taehyung was never big on holding grudges, he would just forgive and forget matters and move on. but how could he forget? he loved jeongguk with all his heart and he thought the younger was the same.

he hesitantly replied, "all right, we can try again... but give me some time to adjust. i don't think i can just magically forgive you right now, but in all honesty, i still have feelings for you. so we can give this a shot. but no more heartbreak, gguk. i don't want you to think i'm easy or someone you can just toy with. we had something beautiful and that's the only reason i'm doing this. but you have to be fully committed to our relationship for this to work."

"thank you tae. i promise, i'll never do anything to hurt you again."

i wanted taekook to be together heheh. i know this is moving a lil quick but i want lots of fluff so yeah. for the most part, angst is over. i watched endgame and decided that i've cried enough lololol. anyways sorry for the short update and crappy writing and like thanks for 10k reads like wtf my writing is trash but thank u all for enjoying it. i love u all 💜