17

taehyung took a deep breath.

"you can do this kim taehyung," he reassuringly whispered to himself.

taehyung walked up to his ex-lover's table and took a seat while the latter was focused on playing piano tiles 2 on his phone.

"un-fucking-believable," the older mumbled under his breath and proceeded to clear his throat, hoping that jeongguk would at least notice his presence since he did ask him to come here.

jeongguk, after hearing the voice of his taehyung (well not his at the moment but he hopes that will change), immediately stops and looks up at the ethereal beauty sitting in front of him.

as the past couple made eye contact, the café seemed quiet, apart from the occasional meow from one of the many cats and jeongguk's phone beeping to indicate that he had lost the game. but this peaceful-ish quiet was interrupted by taehyung, who felt incredibly anxious by his ex-lover's stare.

"-uhm, so did you order anything yet?"

jeongguk blinked, being snapped out of the trance of his ex-boyfriend's beauty, and struggled to get words out as he was very flustered by taehyung's appearance.

"is it just me or did he get even more beautiful?" jeongguk mumbled under his breath, which was heard by taehyung.

"yes, to answer your question, i did get even more beautiful," taehyung smirked cockily, due to the fact that he clearly still had an effect on jeongguk.

"oh and you're still as sassy as ever, i see," jeongguk added.

taehyung giggled at this, his radiant box-like smile on full display.

"i thought we established this already, but anyways, you didn't answer my question. did you order anything yet?"

jeongguk only nodded, bewildered at the other's calm and relaxed attitude. they were meeting up to discuss their broken relationship and here was taehyung, acting as if this is just a casual hang out.

but unknowingly to jeongguk, taehyung was freaking out from anxiety at that moment. he didn't want it to be too awkward, as they were in a public setting and he didn't want to draw much attention. so, he just put on an act to hide the fact that he just wants to break down and cry from seeing his ex-boyfriend.

suddenly, a young waitress approaches the couple and places various desserts, all taehyung's favorites, and two cups of coffee onto the wooden table.

"please enjoy," she bowed before leaving to assist other customers.

"these are still your favorites, right?" jeongguk asked, hoping that the older's tastes had not changed much.

"yeah," taehyung replied, "i guess my love for sweets will never really change."

taehyung reached for his cup of coffee, a caramel macchiato.

"i guess my taste in coffee also hasn't changed."

jeongguk sighed in relief as he took a sip of his americano.

"so taehyung, we need to talk," jeongguk stated as he put his cup of coffee down.

thank u all for giving this story so much love
(;▽;) i'll try my best to keep up with updates and sorry for the slight cliffhanger hehehe. i love u all and please continue to support this story!