Chapter 26: Royal♂Guards

After completing the aggravating puzzle and noticing a random microwave on a table, Reimu was on her way to the CORE, the last hurdle of getting back to Gensokyo.

"Wow, I can't believe you went through that determination in completing that puzzle." Alphys said on the phone. Reimu put it on speaker mode since it felt like Alphys was physically with her on her venture.

Suddenly, a clean white towel fell from the sky and onto Reimu's head. "...what's with the towel?" Reimu asked, confused as ever. "Oh I sent the towel to you. Hotland is a pretty HOT place and the best way to get rid of the sweat is the towel." Alphys replied. Reimu noticed her forehead. "...not that I need the towel, but thanks."

**********************************************************

Reimu was strolling along the pathway before being stopped in her tracks by two guards. "Hey you! Stop right there!" The first guard said. His helmet was decorated with bunny ears. "We've received an anonymous tip that a human wearing a striped shirt-" "Wrong anonymous tip man!" The second guard said. His helmet was shaped like a bat. "Oh yeah. My bad." The first guard was very embarrassed. "Well since the rabbit guard here forgot his lines," the second guard sneered, "I'll say it. We've received an anonymous tip that a human wearing a red dress was wandering throughout Hotland." "Oh, you got the wrong girl. I am indeed wearing a red dress, but I'm a person wearing a red dress and holding a stick. I'm pretty sure that there's another human that's only wearing a red dress. "Ah... thanks for the input." The first guard said. "We'll leave you alone then so have a nice day-" "SHEESH RABBIT FACE! Are you mentally ill?" The second guard said, angrily. "Uhh, no. I'm a guard." The first guard said, confused. "Don't you know? This girl is distracting us all because she's giving us an extra detail!" "But she has the red dress and the stick. She's not only wearing a red dress-" "You nincompoop! She's only wearing a red dress! Jeez, that discussion made me sweaty..." "ohh... I get it now. She's trying to trick us!" Well there goes my act. Reimu thought. "I don't want to kill you, but seeing that you are a human, I got no choice but to do the action, so be nice and don't do anything-" The first guard was interrupted as danmaku was flying through the two. "Hey, I'm trying to get out of here, so would you please move away or else I'll shoot more bullets out from my gohei." Reimu said, who was slightly aggravated.

"Rabbit head, let's do our duo attack on her!" The second guard said. "Bat head, we had one?" Said the first guard. "YOU-" The second guard was ready to punch the first guard but calmed down after realizing the situation would go worse. "...yes we did." "Oh yeah! That move!" "Before you do your "excellent" duo move," Reimu said, "You said that you were sweaty after that conversation." She used the towel that dropped from her head earlier and cleaned off the sweat from the armor. "Now you can go ahead do it."

"Well, thanks." "DUO ATTACK!!!" The guards placed their spears together and shot projectiles towards Reimu. As they shoot their projectiles, she noticed some green projectiles in the flurry. "Hey Alphys, I see green projectiles. What do I do with them?" "COLLECT THOSE GREEN PROJECTILES!!!" "Undyne? What the-" "Sorry about that Reimu." Alphys said, "Undyne's hanging out at my place. But yeah, collect those green things. They won't hurt you at all." "If you say so..." Reimu grazed through the projectiles and grabbed a green one. "Wow, it feels like some kind of energy is flowing within me. I wonder..."

"Man, that move made me really sweaty." The second guard said. "Then let me assist you again!" Reimu cleaned the armor of the second guard, but time this a green aura was emanating from him. "H-hey! What did you do to me?" "Uhh.. she removed more your sweat." The first guard said. "I know that! But I feel warm!" "I'm pissed! Let's get her again!" "DUO ATTACK!!!" The guards shot their projectiles again. Wow... 02 looks amazing!!! The first guard continuously stared at the shiny armor that his bullet pattern strayed off. That rabbit head... looks like he's attracted to bat head's armor. Hey, I got an idea! Reimu easily grazed the projectiles and grabbed more green projectiles. "Rabbit Head! Your pattern is off! What are you doing?!?!" "I think this is enough green energy to make is really shiny. Let's hope this works." "Great. I'm even more sweaty than before!" The second guard said."

Well this towel will make you permanently shiny! "Towel Style! 'Shiny Attraction of '49!'" Reimu threw the towel at the second guard. "What the-" The towel energetically sprang to life as it cleaned all the spots of the armor, making it shiny and shimmering in all angles. "Ahh.. armor... too... hot!" The second guard was so hot, parts of his armor detached from his body and flew off everywhere. "Ahh... much better. Say 01, why don't we- huh?" The first guard, in a flustered mood, dropped his spear. "Ahh I- I can't take it anymore!" The first guard said. "What do you mean?" The second guard questioned. "I-I-I..." "Spit it out man!" "I LIKE YOU 02!!!"

Well the cat just got out of the bag. Reimu thought. "The way you fight... The way you talk... I love doing team attacks with you. I love standing here with you, bouncing and waving our weapons in sync... 02... I, like, want to stay like this forever..." The second guard profusely blushed as the first guard said his words. "Hey uhh.. I'll leave it to you in deciding this fate." Reimu said, as she passed the guards and onto the next destination.

"Umm uhhh. SIKE! The human made me say that!" The first guard said in a jokingly, but nervous tone. "Hey... Marc." "Y-yeah?" "Want to... get some ice cream... after this...?" The second guard said. "....Sure 02!!!" "Don't call me by my codename." "Then.. what shall I call you then?"

"Call me... Dave."

**********************************************************

"That was a nice love story for the two. I wish them the best of luck!" Alphys said on the phone. "I guess so. Well I also wish the best for the two as well." Reimu said, as the area suddenly turned pitch black. "Hey... Alphys...." "No worries, I'll take of it." Alphys turned on the lights of the room, only for her to notice that Reimu was headlined on a panel and Mettaton wearing a suit sitting at a bureau desk. "Oh no..." "What's going on Alphys?" Reimu asked, not knowing that she was part of a news segment.

"THIS IS METTATON, REPORTING LIVE FROM MTT NEWS AND WE HAVE AN INTERESTING SITUATION HERE IN EASTERN HOTLAND!!!"

"Oh no....." Reimu said in despair.

Assisting in one's confession gives you determination. Please wait for the girls to finish their drinking party. It turns out they needed a break before advancing to the next chapter.