Fight the feelings

Izumi and Todoroki stand on opposite sides, waiting for the fight to start. Todoroki made his move first. The ice was broken by a row of Hellebore. "It looks like Izumi moved to winter with Christmas Roses!" Present Mic said. Todoroki did it the second time, and again, Izumi broke through this time with a witch hazel tree. This has been going on for about 10 minutes when Izumi discovered Todoroki is shivering and turning blue. Izumi knows he can't last long.

So she blasted him again but went under with tree roots to trap him. Todoroki froze the root but was caught by Izumi's word. "You're shivering." Todoroki stopped and looked at him. "You need to warm up. You've been using your right side all day. Everyone." Izumi took a pause and then lifted her head up. For a second , the trick of the light, Todoroki thought her eyes were pink and went back to green, but that's not possible. "Everyone is giving it their all, and you are selfishly only using half of it. I haven't been hit once." Izumi said as she saw her breath she too was slowly freezing and getting tired.

"Did he pay you or something?" Todoroki said before clumsily breaking his icy prison. Todoroki ran toward her when he realized that he was getting slower. As he was about to touch her arm did he saw her moving left and puch his stomach, and he froze her right arm.

Izumi hissed in pain at the ice, and flowers started to fall. Todoroki also saw the change but didn't give it up and kept it at it. Cementoss, as referee, explains concern. "Midoryia isn't doing so well. That ice must be damaging her pretty bad. Considering that she is made of plant material so her body is shutting down like any plant does in winter." Cementoss said, looking around as Izumi keeps dodging Todoroki's attacks. "I fear what would happen if I keep them fighting." Cementoss said, looking scared for Izumi.

Bakugo looked on dead seriously watching at the girl he called family going dormant. "Their both losing." Bakugo said outloud that his classmates heard. "What, do you mean Bakugo?" Kirishima asked, looking up at him as others face him too. "During winter months, Izumi has to be constantly warm, or her body would stop. She then loses consciousness and uses the bare minimum to stay alive. Bakugo said, watching her. "So just like plants during winter too." Kaminari, as he was hit in the head by Bakugo. "She is a plant, you moron." Bakugo yelled, going back to being himself. "If this keep up, they will both freeze." Bakugo said as everyone turned back to watch as the fight was going on.

Izumi uses a vine whip to get a hit on Todoroki. "I'm not losing to you. To someone whose not giving it their all, not like everyone else. You are not the only person who wants to be number one a lot of us do." Izumi said as she kicked him in the abs, making him spit. "So that why I'm going to win. With my own power." Izumi said, punching him in the face and sending him down. "I refuse to use his power." Todoroki said as he stood up. That set Izumi off. "It's YOUR POWER!" Izumi yelled thats when something snapped inside Todoroki. Fire, warm, welcoming flames lick the ice from both sides. Warming Izumi to stay awake. Todoroki said that she would regret doing that know. Izumi just smiled before falling over with her eyes closed, still freezing cold from the inside.

"T-todoroki won!" Midnight almost sadly said no happy cheers as they watched Izumi being wrapped up in blankets to keep her warm. Todoroki watched on never in his life did he felt a bitter win then now. A feeling stir inside him that he could not explain, it was ruined by Endeavor. How much he despise him so much.

The Yagi family ran to the nurse's office to check on Izumi. When they got there, Todoroki was also there. "How is she?" Toshinori said, looking at his daughter. "Asleep really, Todoroki here warmed her up. Now we just have her wake up that might take some time, but nothing too bad. Who would have thought all I needed was a botanist biology book to find out what was wrong with her." Recovery Girl Todoroki candy as she asked him to leave. "She was very lucky it was ice and not fire. I never said this to anyone before, but that boy can be dangerous to Izumi's health. Eather weather could cause major damage we're luck that Izumi fell asleep when she did, or it could be a lot worse." Recovery Girl reported to Toshinori as they watch on as her mother and brother went to her side.

Izumi slept through the rest of the fights until Todoroki's and Bakugo's fight. When she got back to the area, Iida wasn't there. "Where's Iida?" Izumi asked as her classmates looked over. "He got a call from his mother, so he had to take it." Uraraka said, happy to see Izumi is ok, just very bundled up in a blanket. "Are you ok?" Uraraka asked, sweat dropping at Izumi's blanket. "Yea, my inner body temperature is still very low, but it's getting there." Izumi said, sitting next to Uraraka. "It's weird to see no flowers in your hair. Ribbit." Asui said, seeing the first time a "clean" Izumi. "Yea, I don't like it." Izumi rubbed  her hair missing the flowers that grow.

The battle between Todoroki and Bakugo stared. Todoroki started by only using half of his power ice. That brought shiver down Izumi's body, making her feel colder. Bakugo tried to get him to use his fire. Todoroki felt unsure about what he wanted. Izumi, for one last effort, reached out to Todoroki. He activated his flames, his father egging him on to use it along with Bakugo. He didn't let him be out of bounds, meaning he lost. Bakugo didn't like that he demanded a rematch.

In the end, Bakugo won first, Todoroki second, and Tokoyami third as of default for Iida's family emergency. Izumi got a trophy for winning the first two events. (I mean, come on, she had to be recognized for that. Two out of three events are an A).