Chapter Twelve

It was Wednesday, not even a full week into the new term. My classes were okay, but I missed my old schedule. Since they changed me from PE to Health, it rearranged my classes. Thankfully, it happened to everyone else too. Instead of starting my day with Daniel, Giu, and Mr. Gellar teaching us about history, I had Science with Ivelyn. It took some getting used to, but it was refreshing.

Daniel was ridiculously jealous of Erik. The whole ordeal that happened on Monday was just one example. Speaking of Monday, Daniel and I had barely spoken since. Of course, he apologizes and begged for my forgiveness. Regrettably, I forgave him instantly. I should have given him a harder time about it, but I didn't.

He wouldn't tell me what happened after the girls and I left the cafeteria, but that was irrelevant. Everyone that was in the cafeteria, couldn't stop talking about it. It was all you could hear when you walked down the halls: Crone and Belasco, fighting over "the new girl." I had been here for most of the school year and people insisted on calling me the new girl.

No one called Giu the new girl, but that was probably because they called her the French girl or the hot French girl. It shouldn't have bothered me and honestly, it only partially annoyed me. I was more than the new girl I had been when I first moved here. There wasn't a lot of people that knew what all I had been through and done. I guess this was a good thing.

As much as I hated to admit this, I was sitting in Science thinking about the first day of school at Salem High. It was History class and Daniel was sitting by me. I remember how nervous and excited I was to be near him. Our bodies gravitating closer and closer, compelled to touch.

"Today, you will choose your partners. Now, if you've had me before, which I think all of you have, you'll know that the partner you choose will be yours until the end of the term. There are homework assignments every week and papers due at the end of every three weeks. The partner you choose will help you will all of these, along with the final project work twenty-five percent of your grade. So, once again think very carefully about you want as your partner." Gellar told the class, his voice boomed against the eggshell colored walls. Daniel hadn't even hesitated then and asked me to be his partner.

It might seem foolish, but I smiled at the memory.

Science ended without anything really exciting happening. I packed up my things and followed Ivelyn out of the class. My next class was English Lit with Daniel. I looked forward to second period. It was just Daniel and I and we snuggled up together in the back of the classroom, sharing a table. The teacher never called on us or seemed to care about our obvious affection.

"Oh, hey, Troy said the others wanna meet you. Does Friday work for you?" She didn't phrase it as the question it was supposed to be. That was Ivelyn for you. She wore a pleated skirt and a long sleeve shirt that clung to her skin tightly.

"The others? Oh, um, just me?" She was talking about the other Lycan's. I knew there were at least two, but Ivelyn was being very tight-lipped about it. It was because they had asked Troy to keep his mouth shut, which obviously wasn't possible while he was dating Ivelyn. So, Ivelyn knew but wasn't telling anyone else.

"Troy just said Friday they could meet you," she shrugged.

"Okay, well Troy can tell them they meet all of us or no one. They don't call the shots." I told her defensively. I didn't like the idea of these Lycan's trying to pin us against each other. I wasn't any better or worse than the rest of the coven.

Honestly, the idea of going by myself made my skin crawl.

"Jeeze, fine! Don't get all bent out of shape. They aren't the enemy." She raised her hands defensively.