Segment 171

Her point of view -
"Babe will you be alright .? I "ll just get the boys from downstairs.. " he askrf for the 1000000th time.
"Yes i would be alright . I am in a hospital for god sake." I was getting frustrated with him fussing over us. As doctors took Shanaya to get cleaned Dex followed them. He made them give her a bath in our room.
I was tired and all i wanted was some rest but he wouldn't stop talking . He kept on chatting with Shanaya all throughout the night and she din't even make a peep. It was as if she was listening to him intently.
Finally when he had slept at the wee hours of the morning she was still close to body. They both slept with their lips slightly parted. As if in the middle of a word. I had quickly snapped a picture of them both.
The boys were with the grandparents when we left for our fashion show yesterday. They had taken them to the movies.
"Momma" the door burst open revealing my boys. They were wearing matching clothes. Trust me whenever they are left with grandparents they are pampered a lot.
"Hi babies.."
"No momma not baby anymore. That is baby" Dexy jr said pointing to Shanaya who was sleeping next to me. Ofcourse always has to be the smart one. Gets it from his father.
"Where is your father ?? "
"He is with Nanu downstairs." J.J replied eyeing Shanaya closely.
"Do you want to hold her..?" I asked and he shook his head in negative.
"Its so little it might break momma." He sounded worried while I just adored my little boy. J.J was always the thoughtful one.
"How about you sit in my lap and then I hold both of you .?" I asked and the word lap had spiked Dexy jr interest as well as he stopped looking around the room and smiled.
J.J got on the bed and was helping his brother up when Dexy screamt at them waking Shanaya and freezing the boys in place.
"What are you both doing.?? I can't expect you to become responsible big brother huh..? Mommy is not well..You will hurt her"
"They wanted to meet their sister so i was asking them to come sit beside me so we can hold her together" I explained. I stretched a little and helped both the boys to my side.
When I placed Shanaya on their laps both looked at her shocked. What was that look about .?
"Mommy its a girl" J.J chimed.
"Yes it is.. its your baby sister..Shanaya"
"But how will I share my toys with her.?" He asked looking concerned.
"Titlu plays with dolls..eewwww i don't like them". Dexy jr said.
"Its alright boys. We will get her some new toys. Speaking of toys Daddy can you get me the present Baby shanaya got..?" I asked Dex
He opened the cupboard and pulled out two bags. Placing them in front of the boys we watched as they opened the presents from their sister.
"Wowwwiee" Dex jr said pulling out all the Mickey Mouse toys. He is obsessed with disney.
"Look bhai I got captain america" J.J said pulling on to Dexy jr.
They shifted from the bed to the sofa and played with their toys while i closed my eyes. Everything was perfect now. My boys ..my little girl our family..
I looked over at Dex and he gave a big smile mouthing I love you.
Life is good.
I drifted off to sleep feeling the luckies in the world.