Chapter Four - Two Can Play That Game

***
I woke up feeling nervous, true I was utterly under qualified for this position, didn't have any experience and was fresh out of college but I wanted this job nonetheless I mean it would kick start my dream career plus it would be quite the ego boost. I shuffled through the clothes in my wardrobe which were limited now that Beth had been through it and selected a black and white round collared, short sleeve, knee high slim dress. I left my hair out remembering Aaron's comment and added my usual light makeup. I slipped on a pair of black and white pointed toes, Alexa Block Heels.

When I got to the Bentley which I assumed would be ready in wait with Roy I was shocked to find a much older gentle man. He was in his late fifties, early sixties. He lifted his hat, "Miss Reed" I smiled half heatedly. I was looking forward to seeing Roy so that I could ask if he was alright and get an update, I mean how long would it take for him to find out something. I slid into the back and we drove to Quinn industries in silence. The day hadn't started well. I remembered thinking about Aaron's jealousy regarding my attempted friendship with Roy, did Mr Arrogant stop him from driving me around or worse did he fire him? 'I swear to god I will loose my shit if I find out-' "I'll wait out here for you miss Reed". I gave him another forced smile. It was hard not to resent him for doing his job, because to me this was Roy's place.

***
The receptionist was as elegantly dressed as before, this time in a black number exposing a lot more cleavage, 'this women just didn't leave anything to the imagination did she...' Her eye brows lifted when she saw me approaching, "Miss Reed?"

"Um yes, I'm here for an interview."

"Ahaha, I think you might be mistaken. You were here for an interview for an internship which you were rejected for." She emphasised 'were' in an attempt to be little me. 'Oh it's on bitch!'

"I think you're mistaken Miss?"

"It's Katrina."

"I think you're mistaken Katrina, I was added to the PA interviewees list which I'm still on if you could just check." She checked her computer screen and blinked a couple of times before her smile turned into a disbelieving snarl.

"So you are Miss Reed, please make your way to-"

"The top floor, I know the way Katrina thanks anyway." I gave her a bitching smile and I think I heard her hiss.

When I reached the receptionist of Quinn's office floor she smiled and instantly recognised me, I flushed. 'Did she know what we had done during my last visit? Shit!'  "Miss Reed-"

"Charlie." I quickly corrected feeling everyone's eyes burning into me.

"Sorry Charlie, you're here for the interview?" I nodded hoping she isn't noticing my heated cheeks.

"Should I just go in?" I asked pointing toward Quinn's office.

"Mr Quinn actually isn't taking the interviews, his cousin Daniel Quinn will be. He's in conference room one, this way please." I liked this receptionist she was kind and always had a warm smile to offer. I followed her through the office to the left this time. There was a large frosted door, "please" she held the door open for me and I slid past her and in, "good luck Charlie" she whispered before disappearing.

Daniel Quinn was standing at the front of the large black, glass conference table and leaning over a sketching aisle. He was wearing a blue business shirt folded up to his elbows, no jacket and from what I could tell no tie. He wore navy, skinny jeans with a brown leather belt and brown leather dress shoes.

His hair was similar to Aaron's in colour but it was strait and short in style giving it some elegant spikes. I felt awkward just standing there, I mean he wasn't saying anything, in fact he hadn't even turned around. 'Maybe he didn't realise when I entered'. I coughed in an attempt to make him aware of my presence.