Chapter 4

Dedication to @nacholuver4eva because she guessed last chapter's gif - 21 Jump Street!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Rosie, you look even prettier than you did this morning." Louis commented from the driver's seat of his car we were in.

"Perhaps thats because I had just woken up when you ambushed me." I replied sarcastically.

On the radio, What Makes You Beautiful came on. I turned the volume up.

"No! Can we please change the station? I find it strange to listen to myself on the radio. It feels weird."

I laughed, "Well, okay." I changed the station to Cher Lloyd's 'Want U Back.' "Ah, I love this song. The grunts are basically why I love it, though."

He smiled, "Same!"

We sang along to the song, cracking up throughout all of it. The grunting is life.

"So, are you one of those guys that never tell the girl where they're going, or do you wanna tell me?" I asked. In almost every book or movie I've seen, the guy always refuses to tell where they're going for their date.

"Depends. Are you one of those girls who always want to know where they're going, or do you like the surprise?" He reversed my question.

Actually I was one of the girls who liked the surprise. It's not like I wouldn't find out in ten minutes anyway. "Surprises are nice, so I'm probably the latter."

We drove for a little while longer. Unlike almost every other situation I've ever been in, there wasn't any awkwardness or any awkward silences. We arrived at our destination and I was immediately confused.

"What is this place?"

"You've neer been to a drive-in cinema?" He asked, dumbfounded.

"...no?"

"Well, basically, it's like going to the regular cinema but staying in your car and watching on this massive screen."

"Yeah, but how do you hear the film if there are so many screens?"

"You turn your station to the station specific to the film you're seeing, and you'll hear it through there. I love it."

"Sounds cool!" I nodded. "But I thought you said we were going to get dinner?"

"Change of plans," he shrugged with a grin on his face.

We were seeing a double feature: Finding Nemo and The Odd Life Of Timothy Green. He let me pick, and I was a total sucker for children's films. I was confused as to why they were showing Finding Nemo since it wasn't hardly new, but whatever. We picked up popcorn, sweets, and drinks from the concession stand. We pulled into a parking spot in the lot for our film.

"I'm so excited!" I squealed. "When is it starting?" I was probably way too anxious. I couldn't wait any longer for the movie to start.

"We still need to go up onto the roof." Louis said, as if a lightbulb just went off in his head.

My eyes widened, "What?"

"We sit on the roof and watch the movie! It's fun. It's kind of chilly, so if you get cold you can borrow one of the many jumpers I seem to collect in my car, if you want."

I DO WANT! I wanted to scream out loud. I always thought it was adorable when a guy leant his girlfriend his jumper. Except Louis wasn't my boyfriend...and this was just a date. Was it even a date, though? Maybe he just saw me as a friend that he was going to see a film with. Did he? I really wanted to ask.