Chapter 2

Hiya :) Sorry, I was supposed to update yesterday, but it was my daddy's birthday! He's an old guy now! lmao but you probably don't care x) 

By the way...this story is extremely unrealistic and probably even predictable! So yeah, just a small warning :)

Dedication to @grdez_99 because they guessed the movie from last chapter!

Thank you for reading!! Enjoy :) x

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I snuck through the back door, trying to avoid any attention from any of the guests.

My parents always came down the grand staircase into the party, and let's just face it: stairs plus me plus heels equals a bloody disaster. My mum, thankfully, accepted this fact after my various attempts to get down the stairs in heels (all of which I ended up on my bum) so she never makes me enter via the stairs.

I watched as my parents entered, but I was more focused on the man with a tray of food passing by. I wanted that little meat thingie...

"Princess Rosie?" I heard a squeaky voice from behind me.

I spun around to see a little girl standing in front of me. Or below me...she was short. Er, well, normal height for a little girl, but since I was a giant she seemed tiny.

"Hey there." I said while awkwardly trying to bend down so I wasn't towering over her. "What's...up?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I think you're really really pretty and I want to be like you when I'm older."

I loved cute little girls that say nice things to me. Even if I didn't completely agree with them on the fact that I'm pretty, it's still so sweet that they say these things.

"Aw, thank you, sweetie. You're very pretty yourself, and I'm sure you'll be way prettier than me when you grow up!" I rested a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, Princess Rosie!"

"You can call me Rosie." I winked at her before she walked away from me.

"Well, Rosie, I have to agree with her." A guy came up to me and said. "You look beautiful." He was strangely familiar to me. Where did I know him from?

A lightbulb went off in my head, "Oh my god, you're Louis from One Direction!"

Do not scream. Do not scream. Forget that you love One Direction. Forget that you love One Direction. Stop repeating things now. Good job. Calm down. Wait...he was a guy. And he was talking to me. And he called me beautiful. Hello, Rosie! Play it cool. You can do this. I believe in you.

Oh my god, I'm talking to myself. In third person. I'm crazy.

He chuckled, "Um, yeah, I guess so. And I mean it, you look stunning. I'd introduce myself, but I think you might already know who I am." And then he winked. He winked. At me. Louis Tomlinson winked at me. People think this would be normal to a princess, but no. There I was, full on fan-girling, on the inside, of course.

"Uh, yeah." I laughed. "Sorry about freaking out before. I love your music." A lot.

He laughed at my awkwardness, I could only assume, "It's fine, and thanks."

"So are you, like, performing or something tonight?"

I heard a male voice call out Louis's name, and apparently Louis heard it too.

"Actually, now! I'll see you around, Rosie!" He said before running off.

"Bye..,"

Well, that was short. I told you that guys didn't like me. Or maybe Louis did like me, that was why he came over to talk to me. Oh my go- actually, no. I wasn't going to let myself get all excited over a boy like I always did. It always backfired; everything was always in my head. Maybe I'd just forget about this. Just so I didn't get my hopes up.

The sound of someone speaking into a microphone made me jump. "Hello, everyone! We're One Direction! I'm Liam!"

"I'm Niall!"

"I'm Harry!"

"My name's Zayn."

"And someone once told me that my name is Louis." Louis. The beautiful boy that could potentially like me. See? This was where I always made myself go crazy. Except the boy just grinned in my direction... "We're going to sing a song for you all, and if you know the words and would like to sing along, by all mean, do your thing."

The introductory music to What Makes You Beautiful interrupted my gaze at Louis. Oh my god, I was staring. I would've paid someone on the spot to tell me he didn't notice.

Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone but you...baby, you light up my world like nobody else. The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell, you don't know-oh-oh, you don't know you're beautiful!

I wished they didn't always play the same song; I'd rather them play one of their other songs, like Moments, my favorite track on their album. But hey, you get what you get, and it's not like having them sing What Makes You Beautiful was even close to settling.

I loved the lyrics to this song. It was like, any girl, anywhere, when they listened to this song they could feel beautiful. If I was one of the guys in One Direction, that thought alone would be able to make my day, everyday.

After the guys performed, I decided it was time to hit the food table. My mum always told me to wait until later in the night to take food, since the guests should always get to take what they wanted first. I always snuck food, anyway, but now it was seriously time to pig out.

"Hey."

I think I might've actually jumped a mile. My heart was pounding inside of my chest, and I was scared it was going to get displaced it was so out of control. If there was one thing that always got me, it was being sneaked up on. And you want to know the worst part about my "mile jumping"? I was in heels. Which meant, yes, you guessed it, disaster.

Before I fell to the ground, I felt a strong pair of arms around me. "Whoa, you okay?"

I tried to get back on my feet, "Never ever scare me...ever. Especially when I'm in heels that could be used to kill vampires. [A/N: Bel, if you're reading this...that was inspired by you! :) ] I have the worst balance in the world. I can literally find a way to lose my balance when I'm just shifting my weight."

He grinned, "So I'm guessing you never won the gold medal on balance beam?"

"I swear, that thing is a death trap. I can't even look at it without falling over, and then there's girls flipping and twisting and jumping all over that...thing. It's a disaster waiting to happen. The gymnasts? They're...wizards...or something."

"Yes, of course they're wizards." He smirked. "Hey, let's dance." To a slow song?

Oh.

My.

God.

This was not happening. Not once had a guy asked me to dance. Never. Ever.

Well, except my friend Carter who took me to junior prom. But he took me as his date, it was like a written rule that he dance with me. And we were kinda just standing there swaying, not even moving our feet at all. So I wouldn't really call that dancing, especially since everyone around us was staring at us like we had three heads.

My eyes probably widened, knowing me and my facial expressions. Without even thinking about it, I always managed to express how I felt through my face. Someone who had never met me before could totally read my thoughts without even trying. "Er..um...,"

"Why don't you want to dance with me?" He fake-pouted, but was serious about the question. The he added with a wink, "Have a hot boyfriend or something?"

I actually laughed. "Ha! Yes, of course that's it." Me? Have a hot boyfriend? He had to be kidding about that one. "It's not necessarily that I don't want to dance with you...it's just that...," I don't know how to dance. "I can't dance in my heels?" That wasn't a complete lie, but it wasn't really the truth either.

"Don't worry, I won't let you fall." He smiled kindly.

My eyes darted to the ground, then up to the ceiling, then back down to the ground. Make up an excuse, make up an excuse...

Innocence in his tone, he questioned, "What's the real reason you don't want to dance with me?"

"Because...I don't like dancing?" I tried, but he gave a 'seriously, I know you're lying so just tell me the truth now' look. Quite a long name for a look. Then I muttered the truth, "I don't know how to dance."

"Huh?" He put his fingers behind his right ear, pretending not to hear.

"You heard me!" I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I know, I just really liked the way you said that sentence." He smiled. "And dancing isn't hard. Come on." He took my hand leading me out to the dance floor.

"Um...where do I put my hands?" I asked nervously, biting down hard on my lip. I wouldn't have been surprised if it started bleeding or like, exploded or something. That would definitely make boys swoon.

"Just on my shoulders." He took my hands and put them on his collarbone. "You can put them around my neck, if you want." Then he put his hands on my waist, making me squirm. I was ticklish, sue me! 

"Sorry. Tickled." I muttered, bringing a grin to his face.

"Rosie, relax. It's easy. I'm not going to judge you or anything! Just move your feet."

"Um, okay...," I said, adjusting my feet. "How exactly do I move my feet?"

He started laughing, but then immediately stopped himself, "I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you. It's just, you're taking this so seriously. Just keep shifting your weight, and that's it."

"Shift my weight? Shift my weight! That's a sure way to make me fall! Have I told you that I have the worst balance in the world? I swear it."

"Of course you do. And if you think you're falling, don't worry, I'll catch you." He winked. For the love of all things good, he needed to stop doing that. I was actually going to explode. Having a guy talk, or somewhat flirt, to me is enough, I don't need him winking and making me swoon and everything...

I looked down at my feet, sure my lip would be bleeding by now. I started to move my feet, and sure enough, Louis moved his the same way. And that was it. We were dancing in sync with each other's bodies and I wasn't even falling. TAKE THAT GRAVITY! 

That awkward moment when you're talking to gravity.

"See? Dancing isn't hard. And maybe, if you're lucky, you can get a lesson on how to Pat The Dog, Screw The Lightbulb or even Stop The Traffic, Let 'Em Through."

"Wow, you must have to be really lucky to get such a wonderful lesson!" I joked.

"Or you just have to be naturally awesome, like you."

"Erm, thanks? You're pretty awesome yourself."

He laughed, "Hey, just out of curiosity, can I see your shoes? I can't see them because of your dress, and I just want to see how much pain your in." I lifted up my dress slightly and stuck my shoe out. "Holy crap, those are- how are you even walking?"

I declared, "Finally, someone understands!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now Louis is in the story! Yay :) 

I really want to know what you think, so please leave a comment; vote if you liked it, please! I'm so happy with all of the comments & votes that you guys left on the first chapter and the prologue! Thank you for those! Loved going through your comments :)

Okay, thats it! Thank you so so much for reading! Oh, and scene on the side from a movie, any guesses? It cracks me up everytime :) First one with the right answer gets the next dedication!