Chapter 13

Dedicated to @whatmakeshershine for guessing last chapter's gif (Pitch Perfect)!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hated family parties.

Everyone always came up to me and told me how much I've grown and how 'beautiful' I looked. Did they think I was just going to get younger? Was I really that ugly last time they saw me that they thought I'd miraculously become beautiful? And why did my aunt always tell me my boobs were getting bigger? I'd been the same size bra for years.

I really did hate family parties.

The big group of us were all in one of the many rooms of our palace. Sometimes I really wished my family wasn't the royal family. I wished we could just have a quaint house with a few bedrooms, a living room, a family room, a kitchen, and a few bathrooms. No throne room (we wouldn't have any throne anyway), no sitting room (who even needs one of those?), no majestic dining room that could fit everyone I knew, and no tourists. But I already knew I would never be able to change that. I just couldn't wait to go off to University in America where I could possibly start my life over. I'd change my name, dye my hair, take on a new personality. I'd be someone else.

Louis was sitting next to me on the incredibly uncomfortable couch - another thing I hated about the palace. Aren't couches supposed to be comfy? They're for sitting, not decoration. Plus, I could've really used a comfy couch at the moment. I had terrible cramps.

I rested my head on Louis's shoulder and let out a quiet groan, "When is this going to be over? I'm sorry I made you come to this torture."

"It's not that bad," Louis said.

"Yes it is. And when are we going to eat, exactly? It's already nine o'clock at night. It's, like, two hours past my bedtime," I told him, sarcastically.

As if on cue, my mother then announced, "Everyone! It's time for dinner."

Finally.

We all took our seats in the dining room - you know, the one that I could fit everyone I knew in. Our kitchen staff (which, in a normal house as normal people we wouldn't have) brought out the meal, course by course. And obviously I dug right in, not leaving any time to breathe. When I made eye contact with my mum she mouthed for me to stop pretending like I hadn't seen food before and to eat like a lady.

Too bad I'm actually a man, I mouthed back and received an eye roll in return.

Later that night, during dessert, I was laughing at a story Louis was telling me when my mother excused herself and called on me to come help her with something.

"Rosalie, come here for a second, please." She said, standing up and motioning to the hallway that led to the kitchen.

I scrunched up my nose, "Why?"

"I need your help with something."

"Like what?"

"This thing."

"What thing?"

She grew impatient, "Just come here!"

I put my hands up in surrender and followed her to the hallway.

"So what do you need help with? Is it someone's birthday in there or something?" I asked.

"I don't actually need something."

I gave her a confused look before spinning around on my heels and saying, "Well bye!"

She grabbed my shoulder, "No, I need to ask you something."