24

Chapter 24: On My Way
"So then when I'm finished
I'm all 'bout my business and ready to save the world
I'm taking my misery
Make it my bitch; can't be everyone's favorite girl"
- Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko

Chapter 24: On My Way"So then when I'm finishedI'm all 'bout my business and ready to save the worldI'm taking my miseryMake it my bitch; can't be everyone's favorite girl"- Alan Walker, Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko

"I cant believe we had to go through and entire afternoon of shopping with Angela for nothing" Michelle said, while sitting on top of the counter at Angela's.

It was a couple hours after Peter cornered Ember after detention, something Michelle didn't hear the end of on their way to the bakery. The blonde also informed her best friend about what Tony Stark wanted but omitted the part about a certain someone being the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. Michelle also learned that Ember was still mad at Peter and that there was no way she was going with him to the dance.

Ember rolled her eyes at her friend's complaints  "It wasn't for nothing. I'm still going just not with Peter." Ember explained, throwing a rag at Michelle's face. "And so are you"

Michelle managed to catch the rag and began wiping the counter she was sitting on, chuckling at Ember's words "What makes you think that?" 

"Ned told me about the group thing. It sounds fun" Ember shrugged, hoping Michelle would agree to go, in case Ned ended up ditching her for Peter.

"Going to a lame high school dance that requieres girls to look pretty for a dumb boy sounds fun?" Michelle said, throwing the blonde a questioning glare.

" No. It's a lame high school dance, where you can spend time with your friends while trying to look pretty for yourself " Ember said, trying her best to convince her best friend.

"Yeah, sure" Michelle blew her off and kept cleaning some tables.

"Oh come on I know you want to go. If you didn't, you wouldn't have bought that yellow dress" Ember complained. She knew Michelle better than anyone and she knew that the brunette wanted to go to the dance but her pride wouldn't allow her to admit it.

"Maybe I bought it because I wanted to get Angela off my back"

"You're so stubborn" Ember groaned going over to the counter, to count that day's savings.

"Thanks" Michelle grinned, happily taking her words as a compliment "Now, tell me why Ned?"

"What do you mean?" Ember raised an eyebrow at the sudden question. Wondering why she was making it sound like a bad idea "He invited me and he's nice, so why not?"

"He's also Peter's best friend" Michelle added, trying to figure out why she agreed to such thing.

"And?" Ember asked, unsure of where this was going.

"Are you trying to make Peter jealous or something?"

"What? Of course not." Ember gasped appalled at the insinuation. She genuinely like ned, as a friend, but she really believed it would be a fun to go with him. "This has nothing to do with Peter Parker. I'm just trying to have a normal night with a good guy. Is that a bad thing."