09

Chapter 09: Where They Take A Night Stroll

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Ice Sorceress wasn't Spider-Man

Ice Sorceress wasn't Spider-Man. She wasn't new to the whole hero thing. She wasn't bit by some radioactive spider. She didn't have rich friends who gave her some high tech suit, but more importantly she wasn't stupid enough to have on her phone while spying on some criminals, specially woth such a loud ringtone .

Just after she left the failure of a party, her former partner followed suit. Both of them attracted to the odd explosion a few blocks away. And now here they were, watching four guys in some kind of weapon exchange, trying to be stealth.

Peter's cover completely blown when his phone rang through the night, causing the weapon sellers to freak out and start pointing guns to their buyer.

Spider-Man, seemingly unaware of her presence, jumped into action, trying to get the attention off the guy.
"Hey come on, if you gonna shoot at somebody shoot at me" he said raising his hands while the criminals stared at him weirdly.

"Fine" The guy holding the gun said, turning to point at him. Before the guy could shoot, Peter shot some webs, grabbing the gun and throwing it away from him.

As he was doing this, he failed to notice a third seller aiming at him from behind. Without a second thought Ember made her presence known, jumping from the tree she was hiding straight onto the attacker's back. In a matter of seconds the girl wrapped her legs around the his neck flipping him over and straight to the ground, where she knocked him out with a hit of his own gun.

For a second no one moved, the men in the scene just stared at the blonde in awe as she stood up from the ground, raising her glowing hands tauntingly "Who's next?"

With those words everyone broke into motion. The guy buying the weapons was quick to get inside his car, clearly not interested on the fight, the one who aimed at Peter following suit. Spider-Man ran to attack the remaining, only to be punched in the face with some kind of alien glove, sending him crashing onto the wall and to the ground.

Instead of going after the fleeing criminals, Ember rushed to Spider-Man's side, "Are you alright?" She said, lightly touching his shoulder, worry clear on her face.

"What was that?" Peter exclaimed, trying to shake off the dizziness, looking intently at the familiar glowing white eyes, his mind trying to process what was happening.

The roar of an engine brought him back to reality, out of instinct he grabbed the blonde by the waist, "Woah, what are you doing?" Ice Sorceress argued, trying to escape from his grip.