🏀NE

"Swedenburg makes a clean steal, she is down the court and swoosh, it is in! What a shot, and the crowd goes wild

"Swedenburg makes a clean steal, she is down the court and swoosh, it is in! What a shot, and the crowd goes wild. Ahhhhhh" Sasha exclaimed in a hushed tone, throwing the basketball in the hoop and cheering herself on although in her mind she was in a gym full of people watching her play.

"Sasha, bring your ass in this house. You have school tomorrow!" Her mother shouted from the second floor window.

Sasha looked up, and moved her curly hair out of her face.

"I am ma, just five more minutes"

"I said now!"

Sasha rolled her eyes, and tossed the ball into the garage. If she had to be honest, she wasn't even excited about attending her new high school tomorrow. This was the beginning of her senior year, and while everyone at Fels High School would be cliquy with those they knew since probably ninth grade, she would be the awkward new girl. She made her way around to the front porch, firmly planting her steps as she tried her best not to stomp, because then she would have to hear her mother's mouth again.

"Guess you gotta practice that cross over another night" Her younger brother Ty laughed the moment she walked in.

She rolled her eyes, and instead of responding just made her way up the steps. Ty was one out of her four brothers, and she was unfortunately the only girl in a home full of all men, if you wasn't counting her mom. She locked herself in her small bedroom, and took a deep sigh as she laid back onto her mattress that was still on the floor, making sure to not squish her pet bunny, Star. The small square space was filled with boxes, as she hadn't even bothered to unpack. This was their fourth time moving in a matter of five years, so at that point she got tired of decorating her room. She figured this time around she would keep things simple and not even bother to feel at home, as she was sure her Father would be relocating whenever his job required him to, which was frequently.

"180 days left" she said out loud

That was the countdown till when she graduated high school, and later went on to college and away from her family. That, she couldn't wait for. They had only been in Philadelphia for a week, however she was already looking for a part time job that way she could save up and have enough to even afford things like college applications or trips to campuses. There was only two things that she looked forward to, school and ball. Anything else she never cared for, and she was convinced that was why she never felt close to any other teenage girls her age. It was definitely hard for her to make friends, and she told herself this year she wouldn't even be trying.