040.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
——

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀   ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
.*・。. WAITING FOR SUPERMAN .*・。.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

040.
POOR LITTLE LOIS.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

——

Lois gasped and spluttered as she rose to the surface, kicking her legs and waving her arms in desperation. She gagged as more pool water lodged itself down her throat and burned her eyes, unable to do anything but cry out in fear. This was it.

The nightmares were coming true.

Her head went under water once again and she choked on it, the sight of drunk teenagers blurring between her tears mixed with the chlorine in her eyes. She didn't know her left from her right, or her up from her down, because she could only see the water and darkness. So much water, as though she were stuck in the ocean. Perhaps her eyes were playing more cruel tricks on her, or maybe all large planes of water looked the same when you were drowning in them, but Lois was convinced that it was an exact replica of that day. She was nine again, and she was drowning.

"Lois—!"

The voice rang clear in her ears, and soon her body was no longer tired with paddling and kicking. She wasn't sure when it had happened, or how, but now Lois was on the patio of Lydia's garden in the arms of Scott McCall. Lois held onto him tightly, clutching onto his jacket so firmly, the material between her fingers and fists — that she thought it might rip.

"Are you okay?" Scott panicked even though he got no response other than a weak cry and a shake of her head. Her heartbeat was unlike anything he had heard, "Hey— it's alright,"

He rubbed her back as she sobbed, pool water still leaking from the ends of her hair and into her eyes, her clothes soaked and sticking to her skin. She was getting him drenched also, with both tears and chlorine, but he didn't seem to mind. Instead, Scott had gently hushed her and held her close to him after checking her over for any physical injuries. When his friend appeared to be unharmed other than the liquid in her lungs, he pried himself out of her grip to take off his jacket and drape it over her shoulders. His arms returned to wrap around her and he slowly guided her inside of the house and up the stairs, glaring darkly at anyone who dared to look at them.