Chapter 8 ~ Movies part 1

Katherine's P.O.V.

*buzz buzz*

Slowly I will myself to sit up and I notice I'm in my bed, not on the couch that I fell asleep on.

In Avery's bed lays a shirtless Cam who's lightly snoring.

I giggle under my breath and step out of bed.

I walk towards Cam and look at him sleeping.

His facial expression looks so soft and innocent. He looks so tired.

I slowly shuffle out of the cool room and out the door to find Taylor cooking waffles in the kitchen.

"Hey" I yawn and stretch while I walk towards the island.

"Hi" Taylor half smiles.

"Where's Avery?" I ask.

Taylor hands me a plate with two waffles on it, "I don't know she went to some friends house early this morning. Said it was important." He shrugs.

"That's strange..." I shove a piece of waffle into my mouth and shrug.

The hall door opens and Cam walks into the kitchen.

"Morning." He still has a raspy sleepy voice.

"Hey" Taylor and I say in unison.

I feel Cam graze his hand across my lower back so Taylor couldn't see and then sits next to me. Chills run down my spine.

Taylor finishes making waffles and all three of us wander over to sit on the couch. After turning on the TV we soon find out 3 more guardians died last night.

"Is it bad that I'm scared to even live here anymore? I feel like these lockdown systems aren't going to work for too long... These monsters are smart." Taylor said as he shoved another piece of waffle in his mouth.

Cam shook his head, "I think we all feel the same way. Its scary shit dude."

*BANG BANG BANG*

Someone was pounding their fist on the front door. All three of us turned our heads but didn't move until. Instead we sat still and listened to the muffled voice.

"Hello? Anyone home? It's room service."

Taylor stands up to let them in.

"YEET!" Someone jumps on Taylor and laughs.

"Hey losers!" the guy yells. He turns his head and sees me. "Who are you?"

This guy was almost perfect. He had chocolate brown hair, brown eyes, and an adorable smile.

"I'm Katherine, who are you?"

Taylor fixes his bandana, "This is Shawn. He was my roommate before the big switchup. Him, Cam, Nash, Hayes, and a few of my other buddies were all roomed next to each other."

Cam walked over and did that bro hug thing with Shawn.

Shawn smiles and extends his arm to shake hands with me. I smile back and shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you Katherine."

"You too." I stare at his perfect eyes and smile.

Cam coughs and I can tell he's wondering why I'm still holding onto Shawns hand.

We both let go, I can see Shawn blushing.

I sit back down next to Cameron and he wraps his arm around my waist.

"Well I stopped by to see if you guys wanted to go see a movie tonight..."

"I'm down, what about you Cam?"

Cam looks over at me, then back at the guys, "Sure, Katherine are you okay being home alone with all the attacks going on?"

I lightly laugh, "Of course I am! You guys go have fun!"

Shawn quickly intervenes, "Katherine you could come if you want, some of the other guys are bringing their girlfriends and I'm sure you could hangout with them."

Cam looks back at me, "Well?"

I nod, "Alright alright I'll come!"

Shawn smiles warmly, "Alright, we'll leave in half an hour."

~~~

What to wear?

I open my closet and begin to pick through the different pieces of clothing.

Hmmm, leggings or jeans? Leggings.

I end up picking black leggings, tan boots, a grey shirt, and a jean cardigan. I also topped off the outfit with a black beanie.

I begin to take my shirt off to change when I hear my door creak open. Quickly I grab the grey shirt and wriggle into it.

"Kat?" I hear Cam's voice.

"Hmm?" I ask, not turning around.

I hear Cam step into my room, "Are you ready?"

I put my jean cardigan on and turn around, "Yep! Lets go!" I pick up my purse and head for the door but Cam grabs my arm.

"Wait one second." He pulls me onto the bed so I'm sitting next to him. "Look, uhm tonight all my friends are coming to the movies too and I just want to warn you about some of them. A few of them are single and they'll try to mess around with girls... If they bother you let me know okay?"

A smile slowly creeps across my face, "Are you worried about guys liking me?" His face turns bright red.

"Wha? N-no I just wanted to give you a head up!" Cam laughs nervously.

I put my hand on his knee, "Cam it's alright." I giggle and stand up. "C'mon lets go!" I grab his hand and pull him off the bed.