Chapter 4 ~ Wink

Katherine's P.O.V.

At 6am on the dot everyone had a rude awakening.

"Attention, everyone please report to the main meeting area. I repeat, everyone please report to the main meeting area."

I heard Avery growl something and then roll out of bed. I did the same

"What the hell." Avery groaned. She slipped on her robe and a pair of black Vans.

I shook my head and wrapped myself in a blanket and put on slipped on a red pair of Toms.

Cam and Taylor stumbled out of their bedroom mumbling, "What the hell is it now. This is the second time this week."

In the elevator I stood next to Avery and the boys where standing next to each other across from us.

It was hard to keep my eyes away from Cam but he was just so good looking.

I went to let myself peek at him but when I looked up at him I saw he was already looking at me.

My cheeks got hot (clearly I was blushing) so I quickly looked away. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Cam smile.

I looked up at Taylor to try to make it less obvious I was solely staring at Cam and thankfully he was too busy going through his phone.

After what felt like forever the four of us stepped out of the elevator and joined the crowd of people walking towards the main meeting area.

"Hello? I-I-Is everyone here? Yes? Okay. Hello everyone! As you all know I am President Laes and I have some news for everyone. Every night the guardians are out killing the monsters and protecting us citizens. Recently the numbers of guardians who don't return have been gradually increasing. It used to be 1 or 2 a month, now we have reached at least 1 a day. Our scientists have been doing research and have found that the monsters who threaten our human race have been getting stronger. They are becoming immune to any repellents and weapons. That being said we must add a second lock down system to every apartment. We already have the crews out and more than half of the apartments in what used to be America are equipped with the latest lock down systems. Anyone with questions can come see me in my office. Have a nice day!"

And with that President Laes shuffled her little red high heels off the stage.

I turned to look for Avery but instead Cam was next to me.

"Uh, where's Avery?" I asked.

Cam shrugged, 'I don't know, I can't find Taylor either. Should we head back?"

I nodded so the two of us began walking towards our apartment.

Cam looked over to me, "So how do you know Avery?"

"Well, we were raised by the same nurse. I guess we just clicked, you know?"

He nodded, "That's cool, she seems nice."

"She is," I said, "She can be a little rough around the edges but she's really a nice person."

Cam chuckled, "Same goes for Taylor. He acts all tough but really he's a softy."

I reached out and pushed the button so the elevator would open, "I kind of got that vibe from him."

We both stepped into the elevator and I pulled out my phone to avoid awkward eye contact.

Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Cam looking at me again.

"What?" I asked, trying to hide my smile.

"Nothing..." Cam smiled and looked down.

I laughed, "No seriously why do you keep looking at me? Is there something on my face?"

Cam shook his head, "No you're just pretty." He winked at me, stepped out of the elevator and into our apartment.

I just laughed and went to take a shower.