Chapter 6 ~ Awkward

Katherine's P.O.V.

I walk out of my room in black sweat pants, a white crop top with a pink flower on the front, and my hair in a messy bun. 

Cam was sitting on the couch watching the news while scrolling through his phone.

He looks over at me, "Hey, we never got to finish We're The Miller's this morning."

I smile, "If you want to we can, I'll make us popcorn again." 

Cam half smiles and starts We're The Miller's from where we left off in the beginning. 

"Could you grab us some blankets?" Cam asks.

"You've got two legs that aren't broken! I'm making popcorn!" I point to the bowl of popcorn and laugh.

"Okay, okay. Fine I'll go grab them." He stands up smiling.

Wow, I just don't get tired of his smile.

I sit down on the couch with the popcorn and see Cam walk in with a bundle of blankets. But then I notice it wasn't a bundle, it was only one blanket rolled up. 

"Where's my blanket?" I ask pouting. 

"I just grabbed one, it's big enough for both of us." He sits down next to me and opens the blanket to wrap it around us. 

Oh?

I grab one side and pull it over my legs, making sure I keep a few inches between Cam and me. 

"Kat, you took all the blanket!" Cam yanks it back over his legs.

"Hey! Now you did!" I giggle and pull it back over. 

He reaches over my lap and takes the whole blanket and wraps his arms around it in a ball. 

"Now you can't have it!" He teases me.

I reach between his arms and start pulling on the blanket. 

The blanket slips out of Cam's grasp and I fall backwards laughing. 

Cameron leans over so he's partially over me and grabs the blanket, "We can share a blanket this big!" 

He smiles real big again and gently pulls half of the blanket over onto his lap.

"You know if you actually sat next to me we wouldn't have this problem." He smirked.

I roll my eyes and scoot closer to Cam so our hips are touching. 

He leans onto the arm rest, putting his arm on the back of the couch again behind me. 

My eye lids keep getting heavier and heavier until I feel something hit my face. I look over and see Cam with a handful of popcorn, trying not to laugh. 

"Did you just throw popcorn at me?" I ask, my mouth wide open.

"I don't know," He throws another piece and it gets caught in my hair.

"You're dead!" I yell as I grab the pillow behind me and whack Cam in the face with it. 

Cam gets up with another pillow and hits my shoulder. 

"Whoops!" He laughs and runs into the kitchen.

I get up and follow him with my pillow but when I get to the island I notice he isn't there.

Suddenly I feel arms around my waist and my feet aren't touching the ground anymore. 

I'm laughing so hard now, I can barely breathe, "Put me down Cam!" I wiggle around in his grip.

Just then the front door opens and Taylor walks in with Avery. 

Cam and I both freeze with his arms still around my waist and holding me off the ground.

"Uhm what are you guys doing...?" Avery asks eyeing Cameron. 

I cough and Cam lowers me to the ground, "Uh, nothing. Don't worry about it." Cam scratches the back of his neck and goes back to the couch. 

My cheeks are tingling as I stand there speechless. 

I notice Taylor giving me a strange look, something between "what the fuck were you doing with my best friend" and "that was sort of cute". I can't read his facial expression but then he just shakes his head and heads for his bedroom. 

Avery follows and goes to our bedroom. 

Why are they acting so strange? They're acting all cute towards each other, what's so weird about me and Cam joking around?

I walk back to the couch and sit next to Cam again, avoiding eye contact.

There we both slowly drift off asleep. 

~~~

I awake a few hours later that afternoon, laying next to Cam, his arm is drapped over my next and I have my left hand on his chest. 

My face starts burning hot and I sit up fast. 

Cam turns his head and groans in his sleep.

The clock says 7 p.m. so I get up and head towards my room. 

I turn the door knob to my room and walk in on Avery and Taylor making out on her bed. 

"Woah what the fuck?!" my hand slips off the door knob and my jaw practically hits the floor. 

Avery looks at me, speechless. Taylor completely avoids my stare. 

I shut the door and walk back out the living room. 

Cam is finally awake, "Hey," He mumbles in his sexy morning voice, "Where's Taylor?"

"Sucking face with Avery in my room." I cross my arms. 

"What?" Cam stands up and ruffles his hair. 

"Go see for yourself..." I nod towards my bedroom door.

He shakes his head, "Nah I'm good. I've walked in on him doing that before." 

I laugh, "Do you want some dinner?"