Chapter 28 Bad Choices, Bad Idea's and Some Regret

Author’s Note: This story is almost over folks. Just wanted to let you know. Expect tears, mystery’s to finally get solved, the tables will turn again and with an extra shock or two. Might have just said too much but oh well. On with the story!

-Julian-

The person, this half man, half animal that was standing before me couldn’t be the person I fell in love with. The person I fell in love with surprised me by appearing out of nowhere at lunch by wrapping his arms around me from behind, with a simple kiss to the lips. How could something with excessively hairy arms bent at strange angles accomplish that? The person I also fell in love with had eyes that reminded me of dark chocolate that only got lighter whenever he caught me staring at him. A blush would creep across his cheeks so that he’d have to look away while he scribbled away with his pen about something.

No what was standing before me, no more than five feet, hunched, red eyed, hairy, half human, half man. Whoever – whatever- this is was not that person I knew. Yet I know who this was at the same time. The question was, how long was he like this? Why couldn’t I get my heart to stop hammering with fear?

All this time, in front of this looming figure as those red eyes watched me back, my flight or fight instincts hung in the balance.

I should say at the edge of a knife metaphorically speaking. Should I jump off the edge to get away as fast I can? Should I stay frozen in fear where I was and let this creature tear me to shreds? It wasn’t like I could read any expressions on his face. Not anymore. How could I? This wasn’t human.

So even though I’d nearly died twice tonight, did my luck finally run out?

Could he hurt me, was he going to hurt me? I couldn’t tell. He wasn’t moving and I couldn’t make myself move for fear that would initiate my demise. Should I be lucky dying in hands (excuse me, claws) of the one I loved? A small shred of myself thought so, but that wasn’t enough to motivate me to move.

Tyler hunched forward more, his eyes growing a brighter red. It was unmistakable, there was murder in them. I had two point two seconds to move, or die. I could also end up moving in the wrong direction and die.

Tyler’s mouth opened wide with large bone white teeth as he crashed forward in superhuman speed.

I tried not to close my eyes as the wind whooshed up into my face.

Six hours earlier…

So I might have taken the news harder than I’d like to admit.

I must also admit getting tipsy yet on the borderline of being drunk wasn’t such a good idea. Well what’s done is done.