Chapter 15 Bad Moon Rising

Author’s Note: Generally I have more than two updates but, alas, it has been a very busy week. To put it short, I am one year older. A gentlemen never reveals his age. So anyways giving another particular shout out to another awesome author by the name of Poptartisdelicious! What? Please tell me you guys have heard of this author… if you didn’t… well, you’ve got me stumped. So like, check out her recently edited version of My Dream Boy. Oh my goodness it’s hilarious and fracking awesome! There’s even Inked Scars that’s pretty cool too. You don’t get many stories like that one. I recommend highly!

-Julian-

I was lucky when Brad (a.k.a. Immanuel) walked during the graveyard shift. In fact since over half the campus population left to be with their families for thanksgiving, this whole day was a graveyard shift. So I had this whole place to myself, not that I have a problem with it. Most of the time I read my way through or studied to keep somewhat busy.

Brad walked in throwing what appeared to be a stress ball in the air while catching it just before it hit the ground. I smiled in greeting as he approached me from my left side. As long as he didn’t bring food or drink in here, everything would be fine.

Brad stopped right along the desk smiling rebelliously as he leaned forward. Yeah, we made an odd pair.

“I figured out you remind me of,” he said. When we met the first thing he said was that I reminded me of someone but he couldn’t place his finger on who. At first I thought that was a cheesy pick up line so I said something kind of mean. I remembered how face turned blank at first and then he just laughed at me. My face was burning red where I stood (outside the classroom door) wondering what it was that he found so funny.

That’s how we became friends.

In summary, our friendship grew when some snotty know-it-all in one of our classes always had to shoot whatever I had to say in class. Brad had plenty of unlimited ammo for that, even when he was almost kicked out of class. I had something to say about that, so he was able to stay. That snotty know-it-all with a bad haircut couldn’t keep the favoritism title any longer.

“You remind me of my little brother,” Brad said once again throwing the ball in the air and catching it.

Was that good or a bad?

“Relax Jay,” since for whatever reason he had difficulty remembering my name, so the nickname was stuck. “I don’t get what’s got you so wound up lately. Trouble in paradise?”

A word debauchery somehow came to mind.

“You say that as if you’d like-“ My words were suddenly stuck in my throat because someone else walked in the library. It sucked because this was public library so I couldn’t easily ask him to leave.

Brad had a sideways grin on his face at first as he watched me but when he turned to see what it was that caught my attention, he dropped the smile. Taylor walked in with purpose. In fact he walked everywhere with a purpose. He wasn’t always easy to shake off. Not that he tried following me around campus before, until now. He’d usually look in my direction. I knew it was me he was looking for because his usually dark eyes zeroed right into mine.