Chapter 23 Look After You

Author’s note: So let’s keep the romantic stuff going yeah? Oh real quick, I’m going to say that this was originally supposed to go up to 26 chapters but uhhh, yeah, the story kinda grew. That is all! Now get to reading!

-Julian-

“Can I ask you something real quick?” Tyler’s voiced rumbled right behind me. It turned out that did take me out by the cabin house, he claimed he acquired his supplies here. It looked no one had been around in years. He took me to a hammock, which was a little to the left side of the cabin. We were laying in side by side now. It was full dark out and the moon was visible though it wasn’t full. The full moon was last night.

When I didn’t answer right away, he carried on like he would be dreading to say this, “Just be honest with me.”

“Ok.” Though I wasn’t sure I would be ready to answer. With Tyler, there weren’t any guarantees exactly. At least, I assumed so.

I’m a firm a believer in never taking a person for granted. That’s about the worst thing a person could do to another, especially to someone like Tyler.

“I don’t like to share,” Tyler’s chest grumbled with his voice.

“Who said you had to share?” I asked him while snuggling closer.

I could tell he was thinking about it by the way his body got super still. Instead of putting him under any kind of pressure, I laid in his left arm while his right arm draped over me gazing at the stars. In an area like this, I could see so many of them. It was impossible to make out a constellation.

“I was just speaking my mind,” his voice snapped me out of my many thoughts.

“Well there did that come from?” I turned my head slightly up the same time his head turned down to look at me.

Two halves to a whole. That’s what it felt like. We were so different but could co-existed peacefully just like this.

“I remembered watching a commercial earlier today,” he said and the way he looked at me almost carefree but not as if he took me for granted, “That model guy starred in it. Some kind of hair gel.”

That’s when it clicked into place. Did I want to go down this pathway with him?

“I’m kind of confused with this being such a romantic setting and all,” I said scooting up slightly to shift my weight around. I didn’t want to cut off any blood circulation in his arm. With some quick shifting on who he was referring to, my expression turned dark. “We’re talking about my ex now aren’t we? That ended a long time ago. He took the cowardly way out at dumping me.”

We’d had this conversation before so there was no need to repeat anything else.