Chapter 7 Full Moon

Author’s Note: I am dedicating this chapter to an awesome reader by the name of VampireJeripmaV for pointing out an unacceptable mistake in chapter five. If it wasn’t for her, you guys would have been reading sentences where words have all been mashed together. That can’t be an enjoyable read. What happened simply was a Wattpad glitch. After I copied and pasted the whole chapter and published, well that’s what Wattpad did to me. So again thank you so much for being an amazing human being VampireJeripmaV. You were very nice about letting me know when there are others that can be very mean. So you’re awesome in my book. Hehe! Literally!

-Tyler-                                                                            Halloween Night

I caught myself smiling creepily at myself in the mirror, at least that’s what J.P. told me. Julian and I have officially been dating for over a month now and what an interesting month it’s been! Julian had wanted to treat me out and so I let him. We went to a simple movie and dinner. J.P. was almost the third wheel so Julian managed to bring Amber with him. I found out that they were roommates, and oddly enough still roommates. For whatever reason the situation hasn’t been sorted out yet. Especially when higher ups found out Julian was gay.

So what was the problem?

It was too fishy for me to handle. I watched her out the corner of my eye about as often as I could. She continued to act as though nothing weird had happened at all this year.

Now I was looking (or you could say checking out) at myself in the mirror J.P. luckily bought from a garage sale last week for a steal. It was a floor to ceiling length mirror. I was also dressed as The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers. I’ve never seen anyone try it out so I figured, why not give it a shot?

J.P. was pretty good in the makeup department (oh believe me, there have been plenty of jokes). He had the dark greenish grayish mixtures just right with the clear liquidity sheen to add to my complexion. It was a complicated process to fitting the face pieces together though.

J.P. was too cool to dress up for Halloween.

We had to hurry though because Julian had already sent me a text message letting me know he was already at our rendezvous point. Julian liked to be early. Amber was going to be there. That had me a bit worried. I wondered if it was because of the full moon tonight that she felt this need to stick to Julian’s side like glue. She didn’t make of an effort to hide her anxiety whenever there was a full moon out. Maybe if I could get J.P. to help out by being my wingman…

J.P. was actually staring at my face even with all the prosthetic’s on it. He read my mind since we’d known each since, forever. “Dude I’m not going to be your wingman tonight. You deal with Amber. Man… I can’t tell which of you is more paranoid than the other. You don’t trust her, I can kind of get that. She doesn’t trust a full moon.”

So I wasn’t the only one who noticed.

I was already feeling lassitude tugging at my eyelids, “Did I mention we’re finally going to meet this mysterious friend of Julian’s? Maybe he bats for our team and you can give up your pointless conquest.” He knew full well what I meant. He was just too obdurate to care.