Chapter 19 Shades of Cool

• Dedicated to Jay Bell

Author’s note: Gah! How much more can I keep you guys in the dark?! It’s killing me softly here! Pun intended yes? Oh and a special shout out even though he’ll never see this… Jay Bell! Though he took his Wattpad account down making me feel bummed :/ *kicks small rocks to the side* Anyways you are pretty friggin awesome man! I love Something Like Summer and currently reading your Something Like Winter, which is equally as awesome! So yeah guys you can buy the eBooks for a measly five American dollars. I don’t know much it would cost in other counties but its five dollars here in the USA. Surely you avid readers out there will enjoy Jay Bell’s work. Just be warned, tears will fall.

-Tyler-

“So how can you not know that you died?” I asked this without looking at him, even though my stomach was already starting to grumble for food… again. But looking at Immanuel made me not want to eat. Who could stomach that?

J.P. was standing in the opposite corner of the room from his bed so he was on the same side of the room as me. He also made several claims that what he was holding holy water in his hands. A Dasani labeled water bottle made it even more hilarious. That didn’t mean Immanuel didn’t keep his distance.

“What?” Immanuel managed to shrug though it was ghastly because it made his wounds open and close again. I somehow expected to hear sound effects but there was nothing. “It happens right? Not everyone would like to see their own death and relive it over and over again. That’s how you get those haunts right? You see I wouldn’t want to keep reliving my own death over and over again. All I know is, I made a choice.”

His death must have been really bad. Even without looking at him.

“What do you mean, you made a choice?”

“Ah, that I can’t tell ya. Secret otherworld business.”

“It’s not like we can do much if you won’t work with us.” Then I tried a slightly different tactic. “So you made a choice to forget then why are you still here?”

“Us? Us!” J.P. looked like he was ready to use his holy water on me. It was also the first time he’d spoken since I revealed my shocking revelation.

I ignored him, continuing to talk to Immanuel since he seemed ironically more reasonable than J.P. for the time being. “If you have unfinished business here that means you were murdered. By a werewolf.”

Saying the last three words had sealed a deal. No one in this room seemed happy about it.

Immanuel tried to be casual but it was easy to tell he was disturbed, “Yeah about that, the only other clue I can offer is that the wolf who did this to me, has to die. Then I can move on.”

“Move on to where?”

I shouldn’t have asked even though I was curious. Who wouldn’t you be too?