Ch. 29 Apex Genesis

It's crazy how long I can make these chapters oof I hope you guys don't mind another ~6000 words.

**********

"WHY DID YOU STOP ME?!?!"

A barrage of icicles flew everywhere in the Master meeting room. All of BTS members have returned to their respective bases. Only all of the Masters were gathered together in this room of the main Academy, the room that was currently being destroyed by the White Tiger Shifter's rampage.

The Masters all screamed for him to stop but they were all admittedly afraid of him. The Ice King glared at the person he currently despised. "Why did you stop me?! Why why whyyy?! I had her! I had her! She was so close and you just stopped me, you fuckin' son of a bitch!!!"

A long icicle speared towards Namjoon but he dodged just in time. Jimin and Yoongi took the big risk of tackling from behind and locking his arms behind his back. Yoongi slapped V across the face, "V, you need to calm the fuck down!! Stop your blind rage!!"

"Let me go!!" V flailed around to escape their grips. "You cowards fuckin' made me lose her again!!"

His anger was only fueling his strength, and it's lucky that Jin and Jisoo came in just in time from the infirmary. Jin joined them in holding him down while Jisoo started to sob for him.

Namjoon helped too and yelled, "Taehyung, stop it, please!" But he, regretfully, didn't make the right choice of words.

Hearing his name only triggered V to go even more ballistic. "DON'T CALL ME THAT!!!" The next shout that comes out of his mouth was a mix of his voice and the roar of his tiger. Just as Taehyung was connected to Jennie, Soonshim was connected to Glacia too. Losing them again took a big toll to their heart and souls.

The screams of anger eventually became mournful sobs. His struggling weakened to a stop as hot tears streamed down his face. "Don't call me that. I only want to hear my name from her."

The only ones who knew about V's past and his real name are the Masters. When the Tiger Shifter first joined BTS seven years ago, he told everyone that his name was V. It took him a whole year after to reveal to Jimin and Jungkook first what his real name is, more time after that to tell them about his past. Eventually, he fully trusted the rest of the Masters. They were all patient with him, and now as they watched their family member in misery, they sympathized him.

Jisoo slowly got on her knees in front of V. She gently held his face in her hands, "V, stay calm, okay? We are going to get her back no matter what. You are not going to lose her."

"I was so close," V's voice broke in a whimper. His mind kept replaying the moment when Jennie's hand was so close to reaching him.

Namjoon tried to reason with him, "V, there was nothing we could do at that moment. I did what I had to do to save both of you. You were about to break the helicopter and she was in the crossfire. Had I been a second later, she and you could have been killed."

V suddenly lurched to choke Namjoon's throat. "Don't fuckin' say that," his voice deep in warning and his eyes blazed scarily of icy blue. But beneath that anger... was fear... fear that Namjoon might be right.

The guys wretched V's grip off of him. Jisoo held his head against her shoulder and stroked his hair to calm him down, just like every other time he had his nightmares. "Shhh, V, shhh, nothing like that is going to happen. We will get her back." His sobs were muffled and eventually died down. "V, you should really get some rest," she coaxed. "It's late now and everyone's tired. We will figure out a plan in the morning."