Ch. 18 Soul Bonding

After Jennie's first fighting lesson, she had an hour break which she used to nap and then had lunch with Yoojung and Jihoon since the other Masters were busy. After that, she took a cat nap once again. Jennie really didn't like wasting her time napping, but she told herself that once her body was used to all the physical training, she would find better ways to spend her time.

She woke up by her phone alarm so that she wouldn't miss her next lesson of the day, which was Meditation. She found this to sound weird because V hadn't explained to her what that was yet. So she quickly made her way to the class destination, which was the highest floor of the Diamond.

Upon arriving, she found V talking to an older lady. "Ah, Jennie, you're gonna love this lesson, absolutely no physical activity required."

"Ooh like it already," Jennie grinned. She bowed towards the unknown woman. "Hello, ma'am, nice to meet you. My name is Kim Jennie."

"Jen, this is Master Kwon Boa, the Master of Spirituality and a Golden Peacock Shifter," V introduced. "She specializes in meditation, mental healing, and soul-bonding techniques. She one of the wisest elites in the Shifter World, an honorable Master of the Academy."

"Oh, stop it with the titles, little tiger," the woman laughed fondly at the excited young man next to her

Jennie was already in awe with the woman. Boa had the radiance to her that was majestic and wise, like a regal queen. Her face was stern but gentle when she was talking with those she was close to, like V. The titles suited her so well.

Boa smiled at Jennie, her new trainee, "You must be confused as to what this class is about. Come in, I'll explain."

The new Shifter didn't know why but she felt a little nervous already. V gave her an encouraging side hug before lightly pushing her towards the door to the room before leaving her.

"Each one of these rooms on the top floor of the Diamond is completely soundproof," Boa explained. "They either have one to two walls that are completely windows like this one, or complete darkness. This is because it depends on your preference for meditation setting."

Just a step into the room and Jennie was already relaxed. The aura of the spacious area was pleasantly calming. The wall window gave a breathtaking view of the Academy's lake, one of the training terrains.

Boa sat on a cushion looking out towards the scenery, signaling Jennie to sit next to her. When she does, she listened to Boa's teachings. "Every C Class trainee is assigned an hour to privately have a meditation session with me so I can teach the basics of how to properly do it and its importance. Once you have graduated to higher ranks, you no longer need these classes because you will be able to bring yourself in a peaceful state without my help, but I will always be here for any advice."

For an instant, Jennie saw the image of her Grandma Maylee in Boa's place. Their presences were so similar, warm and assuring. She can guess that Boa was like a mother figure in the Academy.