Ch. 31 Snow Children Part 3 - Taehyung

I'M FREAKIN' BAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCK

Wow I made it back before the whole one month mark after my last update. Sorry I've been gone for so long! I had a mini writer's block and then family vacation came around so I didn't have time to write. Thanks for being patient with me!

So being known for my long chapters, I once again had to split Ch. 31 up into two. So the next few chapters will be more of the past revealed and we'll see Jennie again in the next chapter, hopefully soon!

Enjoy, lovelies! 

~~~

Present Day

~~~

Three days of nonstop searching blindly in Grim Swarm's Forest and the lower area of the mountain range, in the proximity of the wrecked enemy base. With Blue Hope taking charge of the investigation, V and Jimin tagged along. The wreckage left behind gave them more information on what the enemy was doing here, but not where they were now. This only frustrated the impatient White Tiger Shifter and added to his fear.

This lab was indeed part of Apex Genesis. They moved their prisoners here to this secluded part of the mountain to continue their sick experiments and they've been here for what seemed like weeks. What unnerved and angered Hoseok, Jungkook, and Suran was that this was all done under their radar. A big organization moving this many people... and the BTS members who were supposed to be the God's Eyes of the Shifter World didn't catch them until it was too late.

Just seeing the remains of the destroyed labs made V so sick to the stomach that he had to be rushed out by Jimin where he dumped his bile outside. Seeing the operation tables that had cuffs and restraints line up and the medical tools strewn everywhere caused V's imagination to run wild. What if they were going to do that with his Jennie? What if they were doing that at this very moment while he had no clue where she was?

"We are going to find her, V," Jimin had told him countlessly in a strained effort to feed him hope. It was hurting him to see his best friend in so much distraught.

On the first day of searching, V had surprisingly been calm and cooperative as he forced himself to look through the wreckage, forcing himself to keep looking after his short episodes of sickness and panic attacks. He didn't even stop to eat or rest unless Jimin literally shoved a granola bar into his mouth and wrapped him tightly in a blanket for them to nap.

On the second day, the calmness was gone. Everyone expected V to burst anytime, but that didn't mean they were prepared to deal with him or any less terrified. The dynamite blast that first destroyed the lab didn't completely bring down the massive building. But once Hoseok decided that they've collected all the physical evidence and pictures needed for further investigation on the computers, that was like giving V the permission to obliterate the area out of existence.

"If this place is no longer useful, then get out," V told them with a scarily even tone. The other Shifters didn't need to be told twice as they scurried outside. Hoseok and Jimin were confused by V's words. Jimin gulped, "Y-Yeah... let's go, V."