Chapter twenty-seven

Next Day

CAMPUS

Areum: HEY JI YOO!!!

She shouted very loudly causing the students to glare at us. I approach Areum and cover her mouth to lower down her voice. I remove my hand on her mouth before speaking.

Ji Yoo: You are so loud! Why are you shouting like there's no tomorrow?

Areum: Taehyung confessed to me!

Ji Yoo: Wait? Confessed? OMO I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!

Now I'm the one who is shouting loudly, gaining the attention of the students here.

Areum: Shhhh!! Looks like you are more happy than me.

Ji Yoo: Why not? It's the first time I see you getting mature because you're so childish. How did Taehyung even like you?

Areum: Kyah!

Ji Yoo: So did you say 'yes'?

Areum: Of Course!

She starts blushing.

Ji Yoo: Ayieee. Congrats!! My business is now done!

Areum: What do you mean?

Ji Yoo: Didn't you and Taehyung hangout last saturday? Gave you chocolates and flowers?

Areum: Yes! Wait a second, You plan that?

Ji Yoo: He ask me like what is your favorite food, restaurant, kind of flower and other more.

Areum:So that's why he knows everything I love because you tell him?

She glare at me with a slight pout.

Ji Yoo: Well it's not my fault that he asks me and oh by the way me and Eunwoo was the one who arranged the table at the restaurant. Oops.

I cover my mouth because I didn't notice that I blabber the things that I wasn't suppose to say.

Areum: Pardon?

Ji Yoo: The bell is ringing soon! I gotta go!

I smile awkwardly and rush inside. I glance back and I was already far enough from her.

HALLWAY

Ji Yoo: Stupid mind! Why would you tell her that?

I slap my forehead because of my stupidness. I look at my wristwatch and saw it was 7:30 am I still have 20 minutes for my first class.

I headed to the rooftop to rest there for a minute.

ROOFTOP

I was about to open the door but before I could do it, I heard mumbles and sobs. I open the door carefully and close it back behind before hiding to the wall where she was near there. She was talking to a phone.

???: You should come home early! Give us the money you've got understand?!

I guess it was in a loud speaker that's why I could hear the voice of who she is talking to.

???: E-eomma, I-I don't h-have mo-ney.

???: What?! What kind of a daughter are you Jennie Kim?! You are so useless! Wait till you get your punishment once you go home!

Jennie: Eomma I-I'm sorry pl-ease don't pu-punish me!!

???: Not gonna happen.

Then I heard the call ended. Jennie sat there crying her heart out.