Darren

Kat's P.O.V

Joey and I get to his and Brosenthal's house and Brosenthal embraces me in a bone crushing hug.

"Hey, Brian, can't breathe." I gasp and he lets me go.

"Sorry, I'm just psyched you're here!" He grins, Brian and I were super close in college and after he moved to L.A. we saw less and less of each other.

"Me to Brian. I have to go call Brolden, he's probably still at Lo's waiting for my call." I say as I excuse myself to my room and dial Brolden's number.

"Kat! Hey! I'm still at Lo's how's L.A?" He asks me.

"Great, well what I've seen so far. I'm missing you and Lauren though but Brosenthal and Joey have been making me feel at home so it's great." I say and we continue our conversation for an hour or more, him putting me on speaker so I could talk to Lo for a bit.

After I hang up I walk into the lounge where Brian, Joey and...Darren are.

"Kat." he says as he stands up.

"Darren. hey." I smile awkwardly. Brian and Joey excuse themselves to grab us all dinner from a local pizzeria

"Well I just came to welcome you to L.A. and to ummm. well. I'm sorry for what I did. I'm a douche." he says and I smile at him.

"Thank you. you know what, it doesn't even matter, we were young and stupid and we both made mistakes. Lets just forget it happened." I tell him and he nods at me. We sit down and begin catching up, I feel just as comfortable as I used to and I bite my lip nervously, this could be dangerous.

"So how's Mia?" I ask and his face falls.

"We broke up, it doesn't matter, probably for the best if I'm honest." he shrugs.

"Oh. Darren. I'm sorry." I say as I wrap my arms around him, bring him in for a tight hug.

"Don't be. It gives me a chance to fix something." he says and I pull away slightly looking at him completely confused.

"Us." he tells me sensing my confusion. He leans in and places a soft kiss on my lips before pulling away.

"Give me another chance?" he asks nervously. I bite my lip and look into his hazel eyes before nodding my head. I smile and kiss him just as Joey and Brian walk in.

Joey's P.O.V

Brian and I walk back into the lounge after grabbing dinner for everyone to see Darren and Kat kissing.

"Ahem." I say clearing my throat and they jump apart.

"Kat. can I have a word, in the kitchen?" I ask and she nods before getting up and following me.

"What was that?" I ask her.

"Darren and I are kinda back together." she shrugs and I stare at her.

"What the hell? Do you not remember what he did to you the first time?" I whisper yell and she rolls her eyes at me.

"That was four years ago Joey! we've both matured, why do you care so much?!" she replies in the same tone.

"Because Kat. He broke up with you via text, from L.A. and you ran to my dorm and cried in my arms for three hours. I don't want to see you hurt again." I tell her.

"Then why did you pretty much ignore me when you moved to L.A. and I went to Chicago?" she questions and I sigh.

"Because you were a wreck when we said goodbye and I thought not talking to you for a bit might have made it easier." I reply and she shakes her head.

"You were wrong Joseph." she says before walking back to the lounge.

I grab my phone and text Walker.

To: Walker

Dude, she's back with Darren! I know he's just gonna hurt her again but she won't listen to me! I can't stand seeing them together and if he hurts her I'm going to want to kill him! help me man!

From: Walker

Dude that sucks I'm sorry. it's kinda your own fault though, you've known each other for seven years and we all know that after Darren hurt her she was crushing on you bad. look I'd hate to say it but you're gonna have to suck it up, be supportive and if he hurts her comfort her like you did, make her realise that she loves you by being her best friend.

I read his text over three times before realising Walker's right, the only way I can get Kat is to be the best friend to her that I can and make her realise that I'm the only person who really gets her.

I walk back into the lounge and smile apologetically at Kat who nods at me, which I guess is her sign of forgiveness. I sit down with Brian and start eating the pizza, laughing and joking around, my heart shattering slightly every time Kat and Darren do something cute and coupley.

"Dude you okay?" Brian asks when we sit down to watch a film and I keep glancing at Kat and Darren all cuddled up.

"Yeah. I mean you know I'm fine with us not being together I mean I can't lose her friendship but I can't believe she'd be stupid enough to go back to him. Don't get me wrong Darren's a great guy but when it comes to Kat he's a fucking douche." I whisper and he nods.

"I know man, it's tough. You're just gonna have to be there for her." he tells me and I nod.

"Joey." I hear Darren say and I snap my head round to see Kat asleep in his arms.

"Can you come take my place? I need to get going and I don't want to wake her." he says and I nod, I lift her up and Darren bids goodbye to us before leaving, instead of sitting back down with her I carry her into her room. I slide her under the covers before turning around.

"Darren?" she mumbles.

"No Kat, it's me, Joey." I tell her softly.

"Oh...goodnight then Joey." he replies sleepily.

"Goodnight gorgeous." I tell her before kissing the top of her head softly and turning away from her and exiting the room. Everything has already changed, if Kat had ever fallen asleep while watching a film and I would carry her to be she'd ask me to stay with her if she woke up but now she just says goodnight, I'm losing her to Darren again and this time I may not get her back.