chapter thirty three

•∞•

•∞•

"So, what do you think about little miss Sherry?" Cana mumbled, taking another sip of her margarita. The two of us are lounging around at the back of the beach(you'd think we'd get tired of it, but nope) watching the new girl. 

I think we are the only ones who were uncertain of approaching her. 

Sure- she radiated an aura of perfect friendly + sexy that not many could achieve. Levy, Erza, and Mirajane were laughing along with her- holding water guns up in the air for a game of 'fun' competition(no competition in Fairy Tail was fun, only murderous). The guys, surprisingly enough, weren't into it, keeping themselves to the sidelines and had a conversation in low tones. 

Sherry's white shirt was soaked through with water- showing off the neon pink bra she wore underneath. 

"I feel like... you know what, are we looking too much into this?" I state blankly. "Like, the first time I met her she was kinda full of herself, but everyone likes her." 

"Except the guys."

"Well, this woman is kind of the epitome of everything girly, so I understand why they're uncomfortable..."

"They're def scared of her," Cana comments, twirling a brown lock around her finger. "with all of that feminine energy, acrylic nails and high-pitched giggles..." 

"Oh, hell yeah they're hella terrified," I agree. Of course, there was feminity among the girls, especially Mira, but they'd known them for so long... "at the same time, she's also so... so normal."

"Too normal for Fairy Tail," my companion grunts, lifting her glass to her lips, and I fail to stop her as she chugs the whole thing down her throat. "I'm half expecting her to whip out her insane collection of wooden figurines or find out that she has an obsession over taxidermy." 

"Ain't that the truth," I nod at the wise words that escape Cana's mouth. "wait, what's so weird about me then?" 

She shifts in her seat, swinging an arm around my shoulder. "oh honey, you have no idea. You defy all normality." 

"Enlighten me." 

*

It was already afternoon, and Natsu just showed up. 

I frown; having expected him much earlier. He's always the life of the party, but he's late today. No one else really seemed to notice, as the girls and I laid out our plans for the Levy's library on the ground, heavy sea shells keeping them in place. 

No one knew, however, that Natsu had patrolled the grounds. He'd double-checked if Rogue had left the area, and went around asking if anyone saw any strange... incidents or occurrences. He wasn't sure if he was grateful that Sabertooth was quiet and laying low, as that usually meant they were brewing plans in their cauldrons.