chapter eight

•∞•

•∞•

"(Y/N)! STOP TAKING PICTURES FOR YOUR INSTAGRAM AND LETS GO!"

Cana screamed, flask in hand.

"Coming!" I call back.

There was no possible way I wouldn't have taken a picture of the beautiful view- the private beach on the estate was beautiful and untouched, unlike the shore downtown.

I clambered my way through the sand, slipping the borrowed platform heels back on. I was wearing an outfit my two friends had picked out this afternoon- and indeed, Mira was feared in the fashion industry in Laguna Beach.

My outfit was made up of leather shorts- on top of a sheer black top that floated off my chest, revealing my smooth skin.

I look up to the building.

It was sleek and modern, multicolored lights flashing through the windows. Natsu was right- they were loaded, more and more people piling into their driveway.

I caught up to the group, already at the entrance of the party.

"Invitations?" a security guard grumbles at the door.

"We're part of Fairy Tail," Mira answers sweetly. That did the trick- the other people waiting to come in gaped as the door swung open for us.

Cana blew the astounded kids a kiss and sauntered in.

"Looks like I made friends with the right people," I joke.

"Being in Fairy Tail has it's privileges," Erza agrees solemnly.

Music blares through the speakers, so loud it makes me flinch. The spacious living room was turned into a dance floor, where mass of grinding bodies danced. There were chairs around the sides, people lounging on them with bottles in their hands.

"I see Bickslow!" the brunette hollers over the music. In a flash she was gone, enveloped by the crowd of people.

Mira and Erza left soon after, and Lucy and I found ourselves a corner.

"Oh, that's Levy over there!" Lucy yells over the booming music. 

I take in the form of the dancing girl in the deep blue spotlight. She was wearing an orange sun dress to match her headband, tied around her in a halter top, exposing her back. The dress did well with showing off her slender shoulders. 

"She's cute," I admit, and Lucy laughs shyly, pulling down her pink skirt that had risen. 

"Uhuh... She works at the Library, and she's also part of Fairy Tail." 

"How long have you two known each other?" I question, interested in the relationship's of my new friend. I take sip from the red cup, and immediately dump it onto the floor with a splat. Spiked.

"I came here for college, so more than 4 years? I don't know, I don't keep count," she shrugs.

I nod. The music was already making me dizzy. "I'm going to go get some fresh air, okay? Be right back."

I make my way up the marble stairs, dangling my arm over the polished railing. The second floor was more quiet- but I actively avoided the rooms, just in case. I found myself on a balcony, quietly admiring the darkening view and the soft waves of the ocean. 

Miauw.

And a blue cat popped op beside me.

It rubbed it's cobalt blue ears affectionally against my arm, purring for attention.

I smile. "Hey little buddy. Where did you come from? Do you live here in this huge house?" I ask, reducing my voice to a sweet whisper. I combed my fingers through it's soft fur.

The cat growls, shuddering it's small body.

I laugh. "You don't like parties either, do you?"

It shook it's head as if it understood me. "Well, that makes two of us..."

"Three of us, you mean."

The cat jumped from the railing to the ground, nimbly running to its owner.

Natsu picked up the fellow, cradling him into his arms as if a baby. "There ya are, Happy. Don't run away from me, you could get kidnapped, or injured, or-"

"You brought your cat, to a party?" I interrupt in disbelief. Surely the loud music and countless people would make an owner keep its cat at home.

"He comes with me everywhere," he shrugs as if this was a completely normal thing.

"You earlier said you didn't like parties," I point out as Natsu leans against the doorway, pink hair swaying in the night wind. The moon casting on the shadows of his face made him look even more handsome. "but you come off as the party type."

"Uhm... actually..." My surprise increases as Natsu turns his head to hide a... blush? "I kind of... I'm not... really what I..."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Why did you use a pick up line on me?"

"Gray dared me to get your number, after he taunted me I was scared of girls," Natsu starts to explain, and I swear his blush gets darker by every word. I try to keep back a smile, but it doesn't work. He's just so... cute, all of a sudden. Not hot. Cute.

I like that.

"I panicked when I got closer to you," he confesses. "and you... I don't know, youjustlookedreallyprettyandtheonlythingthatIcouldthinkofwhenifacedyouwasoneofBickslow'spickuplines..."

The cute male looked down, embarrassed. I only caught a few words- but it was enough for a content chuckle to escape past my lips. 

"I'm really not a... fuckboy," he continued, wincing at the word. "Just a... dork, that tries too hard."

He scratched his cat behind his ear, looking everywhere but at my eyes.

"Woah, that got personal fast," Natsu laughs, head down. "sorry if I made ya uncomfortable."

"No, that's fine," I shrug. I was touched by his shy words. And happy that he was honest- "want to join me? The view is beautiful from here."

He looks startled. "You know, girls usually slap me when I say these kinds of things. Or just take it as a compliment and walk off."

"Well then, they have no heart," I declare. "Now come on you weirdo, there's a full moon." 

•∞•

were all a sucker for dorky natsu

hes just too cute