chapter six

•∞•

•∞•

"Wow... so he confessed... and then he ran?" I slowly said.

There was silence over the phone.

"...yeah," Kinana, my co-worker and best friend, replied. She and I went to the same university, studied the same major, and ended up in the same jobs. Luck was on our side during those years.

"Oh my god," I groan, sinking into the bed. I felt bad for Kinana- the guy she liked sprinted off when he said he liked her. "Please, please go get yourself a guy with some balls."

"I only want him," Kinana laughs.

I stick out my tongue at the sweetness of her voice. Gross.

"Ugh. Future couples... Sappy much?"

"Oh, you'll be like that soon (y/n)," she teases. I could almost feel her soft perceptive eyes. She'd sometimes get dreams that would come out; and she writes them all down in a special diary. "those girls are picking you up at 10 right? Better get out of bed now so you have enough time to shower and eat breakfast."

"Mom-mode on," I grumble. "Yeah, I know. Thanks for the story, Kinana. I give you permission to slap him if you see him."

"Oh, leave that to me."

•∞•

Riiiiiing.

I opened the door with my toothbrush still in my mouth, looking hazily at the two figures.

"Heeey, goob mowning!"

Mira and Lucy peer at me in my half-awake state, amused.

"(y/n), did you just wake up?" Mira muses, hands on her hips. I was still in my cotton pajamas, my hair in dire need to be tamed. I gulp. I vaguely remember Kinana and I's phone call- a coward Erik, and when I put the phone down...

"No," I lie. "been ub awhile, you know. Uh... mowning exercises and such. A healfy breagfast!"

They stared back at me, faces practically spelling out the words 'gurl, you're a terrible liar."

"Come in!" I say weakly, trying hard to avoid the conversation. "I'll be bag in a sec. Bathwoom."

I pad my way to the bathroom, just down the hall. I finish brushing my teeth and rinse my mouth with mouthwash, practically burning it alive with it's strong, minty flavour.

"Thank you!" Lucy yelled from the living room. "Damn, it's nice here. You're cleaner than I expected..." the blonde trailed her fingers over the kitchen table. "My place is a complete dump..."

I furrow my eyebrows, grabbing a pink brush. I impatiently run it through my (h/c) locks, watching them from the reflection of the mirror. "Really? You come off as a neat person, Lucy. Got a couple of pets that wrecks your home?"